General Election 2020 Hub

Who said we aren’t a caring society :clap:

While Marian nods in approval, she raises a concern as to how the proposed wealth-tax will impact on billionaire JP McManus who lives nearby in Martinstown.

“He’s a fantastic man as far as I’m concerned – if he were to pay taxes and if were to give the money into the government coffers we wouldn’t have the oncology department inside in the regional hospital or other projects, he supports the locality. What happens if he is taxed?” she asks.

“He wouldn’t be because he is not tax resident in Ireland – he wouldn’t be affected by any of our proposals,” replies Seighin.

3 Likes

FG have us on course to face record fines for non action on climate - you mong.

An Teach Mhór Limerick quisling Cunts.

It’s not even that…

“It’s suspected he was lured to the house by the son of an IRA member…”

You’ll have accepted a SF/IRA crossover if you supported the Good Friday Agreement in 1998. The whole point was to get those involved in the conflict to embrace mainstream politics…Martin McGuinness and so on.

SF get pilloried for IRA acts by the civil war parties and their supporters but this is a step beyond that…it’s a post IRA era murder reportedly carried out by a criminal gang of scumbags, one of whose fathers had been in the IRA.

If your suitability for carrying out a job is being assessed based on the actions of the son of someone you know then it’s a tough spot to be in.

I commend Conor Murphy for using his contacts to try to get answers for the Quinn family. That said, his comments around that time about the victim himself being involved in criminality were ill-judged and insensitive, but the same as those made by the Taoiseach of the day and presumably based on briefings by the police and in response to being questioned about it. I don’t think either were condoning it or justifying it.

SF now need to come out strongly to defend themselves.

2 Likes

I love that word. Quisling. I remember I went back as a mature student a few years ago now and had to interview some bloke working in the UHL and everyone according to him was a quisling and a cunt. None of the content was useable…

The Pretend IRA here referring to Paul Quinn and his family as a non-story.

1 Like

I know some of ye know him, but jesus, could ye have a word with “Tom Neville TD” about his awful check coat he’s taken to wearing while out canvassing. I wouldn’t give it to a dog to lie on or wear it filling the coal bucket.

TFK has consistently been shown to be out of step with the rest of the country.

1 Like

That’s where we are at now in 2020 … the civil war parties will trample all over the North and the GFA for their own personal gain … they have done for the last 3 elections at least.

1 Like

I was listening to the body by Bill Bryson and he mentions 5 year cancer survival rates as a good barometer for a country’s health system. UK ranks very poorly. UK is also close to bottom in other metrics

We don’t rank too well either versus other wealthy countries

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/health/survival-rates-for-complex-cancers-trail-other-wealthy-states-1.4015198%3Fmode=amp

That’s the Jewish vote sewn up now for Sinn Fein in addition to the Provo Muslim vote. At this rate they could have peace in the Middle East sorted out by next week.

SF and their inability to tackle cancer meaningfully will be the ruin of this country. In an 1983 interview Gerry Adams stated that cancer is not the enemy, but that the British state is the enemy … these reckless comments on cancer show that SF are still a threat to society, and the shadowy figures controlling the party in the background have shown time and time again that they are pro cancer by not denouncing it.

I think Mary Lou needs to come out and apologize to all cancer patients and fully explain Sinn Fein’s stance on 5 year survival rates.

I was surprised how bad the NHS ranks given @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy was full of praise for it

Pearse Doherty’s star sign is Cancer. FG’s new attack line is that a vote for SF is literally a vote for Cancer.

1 Like

I’m sorry to break this news to you but Bill Bryson is not the world’s foremost authority on medical science.

3 Likes

What does Jamie Bryson say?

Michael McDowell speaking a lot of common sense here with Sean O’Rourke. He’s called on Conor Murphy to resign.

Who?

Has he called on Trump to resign too?

Around the corner from my house a makeshift sign has been erected saying ‘Vote Black & Tans, Vote FF/FG’

Former Tanaiste and Attorney General .

I thought you were supposed to be the historian round here mate