General Election 2020 Hub

It’s 100 years of conservative privilege and authority falling apart… they simply cant fathom that people will not toe the line and have a different opinion to them… the reaction is very telling tho - insults, sneery put downs along class lines, attacking people’s accents and employment.

They’re essentially the tories of Ireland.

1 Like

Sure.

The other side is as bad of course.

1 Like

Steal billions, whats this?

Swim time is it, you are positioning yourself to run away again. Ive attcked SFs non existent policy, youve said i work in a meat factory in gort, and you think im engaged in a shouting match. You’re an awful godhelpus. Always have been always will be.

No doubt — but you have to meet waffle with waffle at times. It’s standard warfare … when ultra tory boys like @TheUlteriorMotive have come down to earth they have been met with a fair minded response.

It’s just a shame that the likes of @tallback and co turn it into a real nasty class based argument every time.

1 Like

And your shit doesnt stink at all?

Eh sure.

I question mary lous terrible answers on housing, you have no reply and then say i work in a meat factory, and you think this is a shouting match. Its there plain for all to see.

Sure it is. My mother was born in the 30s - family had 12 kids. The first four died before age 5. Of the other 8 four went to US, my mother to London, one became a nun and two stayed to work.

There was no authority or privilege.

SF have voted against every European treaty. It’s been a party of isolationism and high tax high spend that won’t build prosperity.

Ireland was opened up by free education and international trade and hard work. Don’t take it for granted.

2 Likes

He needed it too

1 Like

I didnt mention a meat factory until you went off on one with waffle about me … you’re so blinkered it’s UNREAL.

I’ve slated Mary Lou many times over the last two years and recent days … What do you want, recognition or something?

You wouldn’t debate the last day you pretended you were swimming. Your am debating today was out of nowhere saying stop howling at the moon, followed straight away by saying i work in a meat factory. You think this is quality input? I think you do as you won’t back up your points or be challenged on them

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2020/fine-gael-mep-warns-voters-to-be-very-careful-of-our-democracy-after-auschwitz-visit-38931289.html

FG’sMairead McGuinness telling us not to vote for FG’s Charlie Flanagan.

4 Likes

The cognitive dissonance is off the scale with you. :grinning:

Great point. SF voters cannot stand the party being questioned, ever, but that’s a key tenet of democracy. Imagine if they were let near government and journalists weren’t allowed ask hard questions

Kevin Myers’ presence on the airwaves this morning also reminds us that the anti-Semitic threat of the right is ever present.

1 Like

I dont see any of that changing mate … Politicians will try to implement policy ---- Civil Servants still run the country. If SF went into senior government, which they wont, it’s not like there would be no one on the opposition hounding them either … The press would be on them 24/7 also … they would be kept well on their toes or out the door in a flash.

Aside from housing and health and all the other political arguments — people are also overlooking the young vote as a protest. Young people are making a statement about the country they want to live in going forward, and I dont think it’s the policies of SF they are necessarily voting for, but they want to do away with the old established parties that have ignored the environment and mental health and all the other issues young people care about… this type of vote ebbs and flows … but it seems to be making a statement this time around. Whether SF hold it is another thing.

1 Like

The Jewish Council is notoriously anti Semitic

How woke is Jim, down to the mofo kids bro.

The ignorance of what anti-Semitism is from right wing posters here is truly astonishing.