General Election 2020 Hub

If Harris and/or Ruth Coppinger were to lose their seats I’d happily accept Martin, Varadkar, Mary Lou or Danny Healy-Rea as Taoiseach.

1 Like

Danny is under pressure as well apparently. There must be serious jigs and reels going down in Kerry at this moment in time.

I just can’t see him missing it. Michael will have a huge surplus and I’d imagine the vast majority of those will go to his sibling.

Would be shocked if Danny loses out. That family just do not lose elections.

1 Like

I will be very surprised if Danny loses and Tbh if I was in Kerry I would probably vote for him as the likely Dail arithmetic will give the two lads serious leverage .

1 Like

Leverage to do what? - what the fuck have they done for Kerry? … two fucking halfwit gombeens. I can see why you’d vote for them.

6 Likes

Voting for parties is so 20th century.

1 Like

The whole process is 19th century…

1 Like

I hope you’re wumming

Minister Ross has kept a low profile. I see Senator Neale Richmond ( Fg) and young Brennan ( Ff) out and about. One of them will take Ross seat I think.

I haven’t seen much canvassing at for Regina Doherty in Meath East. Posters are up but haven’t seen her around canvassing. I think today was the first time that she has done any media besides the usual appearing at a press release.

They haven’t had any leverage after last 2 elections . Old Jackie had and got a number of things done . To be honest my views are a reflection on the whole body politic rather than any particular endorsement of the HRs .

1 Like

Do you think it was always going to settle around mid 20s / late 20s at best or do you think the huge focus on the Ra in the last few days will have cost them a handful of seats in marginal areas?

SF calling people wasters :laughing:

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2020/sf-tight-lipped-over-probe-of-whatsapp-group-that-said-ira-victims-are-wasters-38934932.html

I am not in Kerry so my views are largely immaterial . I accept the view is very parochial but tbh that is how cynical I have become .

Dublin West is really a cunt fest of a constituency, you have Varadkar, Joan Burton, Jack Chambers, Ruth Coppinger and to top off the cunt cake Peter Casey

1 Like

Michael Martin in the constituency the other day and the Irish Times political podcast was suggesting that’s because they sense the opportunity to take Ross’s seat. FG would have been targeting it too but tough now with the tide going out.

Hard to know why FF ran two candidates though.

Last time round Ross picked up 10k votes (quota was 10k) but you’d imagine that will drop. FG picked up 12.5k and FF picked up 4k so a big jump needed for FF.

SF on 3k last time will struggle I’d say and Labour (4k) prob won’t be in the running either

EDIT: I forgot to add Catherine Martin of Greens who got 4k the last time but I’d imagine that could jump a decent amount and she’ll be safe.

1 Like

Madigan will get back in I expect. I’m not a fan.

That parochial stuff leads to lads hoping people would die in Tullamore hospital as opposed to Portlaoise hospital rather than hoping it happened in neither.

2 Likes

A more cynical man would say that when SF say they are sorry for some of these things - they’re not actually sorry

I heard y’day that Mary Lou had been told of Conor Murphy’s direct quotes as recently as Oct on radio so her notion that she made an “honest mistake” in the Dobson interview could prob better be described as an outright lie.

2 Likes

Mike

I think you are going a bit OTT here .

1 Like