General Election 2020 Hub

Big call !!

SF/FG/GP/Lab ??? Imagine…

He was into S&M.

Very surprised to hear this, everyone I know in Monaghan thinks it was a smuggling row and Quinn was a scumbag. What did he say?

FF- 52
FG- 37
SF- 27
Green- 10
Labour- 10
SD- 4
Other- 20

First read a history book. @anon61878697 will sort you out. Then come back without the mud slinging.

Id say Dessie Ellis has done more to help the people of Finglas than any other person in the history of the state.

If this government continues in office, a civil servant like you renting in Dublin could be crying out for a bit of assistance, be it affordable or council housing.

There was an article posted up the other day that showed that all these areas have gotten worse since 2016.

What do you mean by economy, jobs? How many of those jobs pay under 30k? Under 25k? I’m not bemoaning employment at all but when half of your wage is gone on rent. And the cost of living is through the roof… Stats like full employment become a little shallow… And would we have this magical full employment if thousands upon thousands didn’t emigrate and continue to emigrate? … Not another cent was the FG slogan in 2011… We all thought they meant to the troika… They meant housing and to badly needed services for mental health and disability and community programmes. There’s a generation under siege… Living with their parents, or forking out 1500 notes a month for a flat. People earning 30k not able to go to the doctor. Careres told to go and fuck. … The gap between the haves and have nots has greatly grown. Poverty maybe at the lowest it’s been in Ireland, but unlike in other EU countries, in Ireland it’s almost impossible to pull yourself out of it once in it as the tools to so are almost inaccessible. FG have delivered us neoliberal economics of the same variety that tore Britain apart in the 80s and have never really recovered from.

So you will support them forever. Bless.

Oh yeah sure 100k houses with magic money built by imaginary workers. Thats SFs plan isn’t it? They haven’t put forward a realistic one.

Do you think everyone in FG hates the public, is out to hurt them and profiteer?

no, just the majority of them. The party of landlords. Of Maria Bailey and Dara Murphy et al… They were always the party of the large farmer and had contempt for the average person… Nothing has changed with them. One of the greatest bastards to ever take office in this country, Noonan, is a blot on my proud city… The vulture fund accommodating cunt.

Predictions by constituency and order of election:

CARLOW – KK (5)
3 FF, 1 SF, 1 FG
Funchion (SF), Aylward (FF), McGuinness (FF), Phelan (FG) Murnane O’Connor (FF)

CAVAN-MONAGHAN (5)
2 SF, 2 FF, 1 FG
Carthy (SF), Smith (FF), Humphries (FG), Tully (SF), Smyth (FF)

CLARE (4)
2 FF 1 FG 1 IND
Crowe (FF), Dooley (FF), Breen (FG), McNamara (IND)

CORK EAST (4)
1 FF 1 FG 1 LAB 1 SF
Buckley (SF), O’Keeffe (FF), Stanton (FG), Sherlock (Lab)

CORK NORTH WEST (3)
2 FF 1 FG
A. Moynihan (FF), M. Moynihan (FF), Creed (FG)

CORK NORTH CENTRAL (4)
1 SF 1 FG 1 FF 1 IND
Gould (SF), O’Sullivan (FF), O’Flynn (IND), Burke (FG)

CORK SOUTH CENTRAL (4)
2 FF 1 FG 1 SF
Martin (FF), Coveney (FG), O’Laoighaire (SF), McGrath (FF)

CORK SOUTH WEST (3)
1 FF 1 IND (MICHAEL COLLINS) 1 FG
Collins (IND), Murphy O’Mahony (FF), Lombard (FG)

DONEGAL(5)
2 SF 2 FF 1 IND
Doherty (SF), MacLochlainn (SF), McConalogue (FF), Gallagher (FF), Pringle (IND)

DUBLIN BAY NORTH (5)
1 FG 1 FF 1 LAB 1 GREEN 1 SF
Mitchell (SF), Haughey (FF), Bruton (FG), Healy (Green), O’Riordain (Lab)

DUBLIN BAY SOUTH (4)
1 FG 1 FF 1 GREEN 1 SF
Ryan (Green), O’Callaghan (FF), Andrews (SF), O’Connell (FG)

DUN LAOIGHAIRE (4)
1 FF 1 GREEN 1 FG 1 SOLIDARITY (BOYD BARRETT)
Boyd Barrett (S/PBP), Smyth (Green), Mitchell O’Connor (FG), Devlin (FF)

DUBLIN CENTRAL (4)
1 SF 1 FG 1 SOC DEM 1 GREEN
McDonald (SF), Gannon (Soc Dem), Donohue (FG), Hourigan (Green)

DUBLIN FINGAL (5)
1 FG 1 FF 1 LAB 1 GREEN 1 SF
O’Brien (FF), O’Reilly (SF), O’Brien (Green), Farrell (FG), Smith (Lab)

DUBLIN MID WEST (4)
1 FF 2 SF 1 IND
O’Broin (SF), Curran (FF), Gogarty (IND), Ward (SF)

DUBLIN NORTH WEST (3)
1 SOC DEM 1 SF 1 FF
Ellis (SF), Shortall (Soc Dem), McAuliffe (FF)

DUBLIN RATHDOWN (3)
1 FG, 1 GREEN, 1 FF
Martin (Green), Brennan (FF), Madigan (FG)

DUBLIN SOUTH CENTRAL (4)
1 SF 1 IND 1 FF 1 GREEN
O’Snodaigh (SF), Ardagh (FF), Collins (IND), Costello (Green)

DUBLIN SOUTH WEST (5)
1 FG 2 FF 1 SF 1 GREEN
Crowe (SF), Lahart (FF), O’Connor (FF), Duffy (Green), Brophy (FG)

DUBLIN WEST (4)
1 FG 1 FF 1 SF 1 GREEN
Donnelly (SF), Varadkar (FG), Chambers (FF), O’Connor (Green)

GALWAY EAST (3)
1 IND 1 FF 1 FG
Rabbitte (FF), Canney (IND), Cannon (FG)

GALWAY WEST (5)
1 FF 1 FG 2 IND, 1 SOC DEM
O’Cuiv (FF), Grealish (IND), Naughton (FG), O’Tuathail (Soc Dem), Connolly (IND)

KERRY (5)
2 IND 1 FG 1 FF 1 SF
M. Healy Rae (IND), Daly (SF), Foley (FF), D. Healy Rae (IND), Griffin (FG)

KILDARE NORTH (4)
1 SOC DEM 2 FF 1 SF
Murphy (Soc Dem), Lawless (FF), Cronin (SF), O’Rourke (FF)

KILDARE SOUTH (4)
2 FF 1 FG 1 SF
O’Loughlin (FF), Heydon (FG), Ryan (SF), O’Feargahil (FF) - Ceann Comhairle

LAOIS-OFFALY (5)
3 FF 1 FG 1 SF
Stanley (SF), Cowen (FF), Fleming (FF), Flanagan (FG), Ormond (FF)

LIMERICK CITY (4)
1 FF 1 FG 1 SF 1 IND (DALY)
O’Dea (FF), Quinlivan (SF), O’Donnell (FG), Daly (IND)

LIMERICK COUNTY (3)
2 FF 1 FG
N. Collins (FF), M. Collins (FF), O’Donovan (FG)

LONGFORD-WESTMEATH (4)
1 IND (MORAN) 2 FF 1 SF
Moran (IND), Flaherty (FF), Troy (FF), Clarke (SF)

LOUTH (5)
2 SF 1 LAB 1 FF 1 FG
O’Murchu (SF), Breathnach (FF), Munster (SF), O’Dowd (FG), Nash (Lab)

MAYO (4)
1 FG 2 FF 1 SF
Ring (FG), Calleary (FF), Conway Walsh (SF), Chambers (FF)

MEATH EAST (3)
1 FF 1 FG 1 SF
Byrne (FF), O’Rourke (SF), McEntee (FG)

MEATH WEST (3)
1 FF 1 FG 1 1 SF
Guirke (SF), Cassells (FF), English (FG)

ROSCOMMON-GALWAY (3)
2 IND 1 FF
Naughten (IND), Fitzmaurice (IND), Leyden (FF)

SLIGO-LEITRIM (4)
2 FF 1 SF 1 IND
Kenny (SF), McSharry (FF), Harkin (IND), Scanlon (FF)

TIPPERARY (5)
2 IND 1 FF 1 LAB 1 SF
Lowry (IND), McGrath (IND), Cahill (FF), Browne (SF), Kelly (Lab)

WATERFORD (4)
1 FF 1 FG 1 SF 1 IND
Cullinane (SF), Butler (FF), Shanahan (IND), Geoghegan (FG)

WEXFORD (5)
1 FG 2 FF 1 LAB 1 SF
Byrne (FF), Mythen (SF), Howlin (Lab), Browne (FF), D’Arcy (FG)

WICKLOW (5)
1 FG 1 FF 1 SF 1 GREEN 1 SOC DEM
Brady (SF), Casey (FF), Harris (FG), Whitmore (Soc Dem), Matthews (Green)

FG 30
FF 55
GREEN 10
SF 34
LAB 6
SOC DEM 5
OTHERS 20

1 Like

34 :astonished:

Hung Dail??

I was just about to post, I think Eoghan Murphy is in serious trouble tomorrow. O’Connell has been canvassing in his part of the constituency and everyone hates him.

Well it’s going to be a hung Dail whatever happens, isn’t it?

1 Like

You get the politicians you deserve mate. When you realise a bit more what ireland is like, you’ll see that.

I’m skipping the last rafts of scutter…
In the last hour I’ve spoken with 3 FF candidates across 3 different constituencies.
I) Nailed on… -
II) Looking good but it’s on the day…
III) We’re in it to fight for it…

Can anyone correctly name:

The constituency.
The candidate.

1 Like

Stop building ‘student/tenement accommodation’ for rent.

Build public houses, on public land, employing builders direct, instead of developer lead housing with big land costs and developers profit.

Where will the builders come from…as above but also, there are vacant properties, council properties all over Dublin, inside the canal. with proper investment from DCC these could be turned around very quickly. Could these house skilled workers who want to come home or to Ireland to build houses???

It may take two years but by year three we could be on set to hit the targets.

Albany Homes, one of the biggest houses builders during the boom only built around 5,000 homes, that was just one developer! SF is looking for just 100,000 in 5 years.

100,000 in 5 years ? Is that so mad?

To do that;

• Planning, a lot done with fast track but that needs to be broadened.
  • time to get fire certs need to be rectified and a max time to receive implemented.
  • ESB Networks, again need a timeframe for installing power or be penalised.
  • Irish Water, the new fuck up, has to be brought in line as they are becoming like the ESB !!

All the above are state / Semi State bodies which are murder to deal with and hold everything up.
(I Imagine @maroonandwhite is on the phones of one of these being an admin crank…you get the picture).

@Fran - you going to see Dara O/Briain next Thursday?

3 Likes

Sounds good. In reality, NIMBY-ism given full say as SF don’t want to jeopardize seats, just consolidate the base. Once they get a taste of it the idealism won’t be long evaporating.

As for your hopes of a sudden sea change in public bodies with a surge of productivity! I can only do so much.

Ive consistently said that once in government Sinn Fein would be very pragmatic. Their core base want a United Ireland and they going into government would need a white/‘green’ paper on reunification as a actual red line!! and some time frame (fudge perhaps) on a border poll.

A white paper delivered as government policy puts in train the mechanism and strategic planning for a United Ireland, something the others (FF), can shout about but never bothered to do. The genie is out of the bottle from Dublin…brexit has done that currently and in the background they are working on it…you in the civil service know this anyway.

Sinn Fein have some serious players. This election, whether they get a sniff of Mercedes seats or not, has changed everything…

I couldn’t support a united ireland as it would prove a bigger obstacle for a Connacht free state.

Fair play mate, you sound like a true believer and have given the best answers of any SF supporter on here. You’re also probably higher than the divis street flats at this hour, fuck it, drink it in maaaaaan.

Negative mate. Im up at in the morning at 7.30am but at least that will be an hour lie in. Horse Riding with the eldest at 11.30am and a couple of votes and nice walk thereafter.

Get high? Even if I did, I work hard all week and occasionally let my hair down. Ive skimmed this thread, you must do zero work, or be in such a shit job that you can post like you did last week. Nothing much has changed since NYE in Canada

2 Likes