General Election 2020 Hub

My auld wans who were FF all their lives started voting SF after 08.Its great when your auld wans cop on @anon67715551

1 Like

Micheal Martin’s hopes of becoming Taoiseach are with Wolfe Tonne in the grave. I expect quite a few FF transfers to make their way to SF. Those who didn’t make the move over to SF this time may have began the metamorphosis and given them a 2 or a 3.

I doubt anyone bar yourself could care less to be honest

Big mistake to have muzzled him in this campaign

That’s a bit mean. Let @Mac have his moment of imagined relevance.

Labour have 8.1% in Dublin, 5.1% in the rest of Leinster and 3.6% in Munster. They’re getting nothing in Connacht Ulster.

8.1% in 11 Dublin constituencies will probably be enough for O’Riordain and Smith. Labour will actually want to hope they’ve bombed in some Dublin constituencies just so the vote is concentrated.

Rest of Leinster has 10 constituencies. Howlin will get in. Wall in Kildare I think won’t on that figure, especially in a three seater. Stagg won’t get in but could poll above 5%. That leaves Nash. In at least six of the ten constituencies Labour will have bombed, but on a 5.1% regional figure it looks dicey at best whether he will have made it.

Munster looks a wipeout on 3.6% and they went into it with three TDs so it’s worse. In four of them - Tipp, Limerick City, Cork East and Cork North Central, Labour might have been expected to be competitive. Even if you give Labour an average of just 1% in the other six constituencies (I know they’re not competing in Kerry), what does that leave the average in the four that should be competitive? 8% at best? Sacrifice Limerick and Cork North Central as lost. What’s the average in Cork East and Tipp? 11% at best? Either Sherlock or Kelly or maybe both are gone.

Possibility that they’re looking at just 3 TDs.

That he’s a spoofer ?

1 Like

Wall is in a 4 seater now in Kildare

Ceann comhairle gets a spot

1 Like

Hes a cunt ?

Yeah but it’s a three seater because the Ceann Comhairle is there.

1 Like

Kelly and Sherlock will do well on transfers

Hung government

1 Like

When he started the sentence I assumed he was going to say FF but maybe they encountered it

Only 3 tds for Labour? If I was a gambling man I’d bite the hand off you for that bet.

Possibly but you need to have the base of first preference votes to be in the hunt and looking at the figures they might not.

The tallying will start from 9 onwards, that’ll tell us how accurate the exit poll was. Results should start from afternoon onwards.

1 Like

Definitely possible - Soc Dems for instance were widely predicted to come back with three seats (it could be more of course) - and you’d expect Labour to have a better spread of vote throughout the country than the Soc Dems because the Soc Dems’ vote is very candidate driven and they won’t pick up many votes in most constituencies whereas Labour should have more of a traditional residual vote countrywide.

@Juhniallio

I gave your man a vote

2 Likes

Apparently the incident with joe loughnane happened a year ago, but was only brought to light today, and yer one whos phone he smashed is a sinn fein activist… Couldn’t be up to them