General Election 2020 Hub

No big Phil

1 Like

McInerney’s surplus will obviously suit Dooley and Crowe, but I have the feeling Wynne might do better of FF tranfsers than she did off the FG ones

Wynne is transferring terribly, could she possibly be in trouble :thinking: FF gone there so Crowe and Dooley could pass her out. Then a FGer goes and the other one will be pushed right up. McNamara will be transfer friendly too.

She was never going to get FG transfers though. It is very tight for the last two seats, four in the mix but Breen looks goosed

A great race.

Same in Tipperary. Young Ahearn ( the prick ) actually polled okay but his running mate took 5000 odd first preferences too.
If either had been run alone they’d have got a seat.

I’d love to see Cahill lose his seat too as FF ran 3 candidates in Tipp too.

1 Like

There was war in Cork South West over the ticket with Coveney intervening to get his man on it. Think they did only run 2 in the end and in a constituency where they have held 2 out of 3 for most of the history of the State, they were always going to run 2.

In Waterford where you have such an east/west divide, they were always going to run two. The Civil War in the party there over the last few years did them there. I’d say an affable, easy going fellow like John Deasy must be just gutted by this turn of events. Has it ever happened before that West Waterford has failed to return a TD?

Tipperary is one place where its the other extreme, they ran Garret Ahern from Clonmel and Miss Newman Julian, a Cashel based blow in. They really should have had a candidate from the north of the county on the ticket.

Madness running three in Clare.

Paschal as Director of Elections will be getting a lot of flak.

Everyone got a bump from FF’s distribution. FGer gone now.

Jan just about hanging in, but a 1,200 gap to the Greens and Daly. She’ll need a massive transfer from this one, but she looks goosed.
There is now only 4 votes between Leddin of the Greens and Daly. FOUR. Going to the wire. With a FGer and likely Jans votes to decide, they could break anywhere.

Can’t wait to get me new gaff

1 Like

I think she’s probably alright. Would take a very effective FG transfer operation. Don’t think her transfers are too bad. She’s 2k short of a quota now. Garvey’s transfers should be enough for her.

Brendan Howlin is IN

Malcolm gone ahead of Aylward in Carlow/KK

2 Likes

Could McAuliffe FF lose out to Solidarity/PBP in Dublin North West? Only 300 ahead.

Intriguingly FG increased there share of the vote in just three constituencies. Cork NW and Longford Westmeath which are two fairly Stone Age constituencies and Dublin Rathdown which is the ultimate “I’m Alright Jack” constituency.

3 Likes

Connacht Tribune - Galway City Tribune

7 mins ·

Last May, these three Sinn Fein members lost their seats on Galway City Council. This morning, Cathal O Conchuir and Mark Lohan are waiting to hoist incoming Dail Deputy Mairead Farrell into the air at the #GalwayWest count.

Image may contain: 6 people, people standing

1 Like

Anyone have a word ON THE GROUND about how the count is going in Limerick City?

when are we getting our medical cards do you know? - im done with paying

2 Likes

Verona got over 1000 of Sheehans transfers. Malcolm Byrne officially goosed so down to Darcy vs Kehoe for last seat based on Carthys transfers.

@Bandage is our man going to get elected?

Surely transfers from the Independent Lyons and Mulvany will favour him over Haughey and get him over the line.

The situation is fluid. I repeat, fluid. Daly vs Leddin and there’ll be nothing in it

1 Like