General Election 2020 Hub

Agreed - the inverse of the SF problem of too few candidates. FF also suffering a bit from this too.

O Cuiv elected
Mairéad elected
Grealish elected

Is Dooley in trouble?

Yes but I think he may well scrap in an the expense of the two FG candidates. It is between them for a seat, McNamara Ind), Crowe (FF) and Wynne of SF to get the other 3 seats but it is really up in the air

The third FF lad is gone now, so he should pick up a good few transfers.

Hildagaarde will get in next and Catherine Connolly will outdo O Tuathail for the last seat without reaching the quota I reckon

1 Like

Not just that but an idiot, I’ve been in meetings with her, her civil servants were looking at their shoes in embarrassment with some of the nonsense she’d be coming out with and gently trying to steer her back to facts. Her party colleagues think she’s a moron.

3 Likes

FG holding only 45% of the transfers from their third candidate is terrible vote management and will likely cost them

The misogynists are out in force this morning.

Imagine a civil servant being embarrassed? I didn’t think the cunts knew what embarrassment was

Probably a middle aged male who hates strong, articulate women.

Deering eliminated though, so will elect JP Phelan and Murnane O’Connor, their surpluses will both transfer to Aylward on party and geographical lines
I’m sad agsin

The work shy lads in Kerry, Donegal and Monaghan still haven’t managed a second count. All three are big areas, but Wexford is the same size and they are on count 7. Savage work ethic on the Eastern Seaboard.

Count 8 and we have a second TD - Brendan Howlin. Ger Carthy is eliminated.
Browne +1186 to 10,432
Byrne +692 to 7,535
Carthy +266 to 6,004 (eliminated)
D’Arcy +98 to 7,020
Howlin +623 to 12,930
Kehoe +348 to 7,060
Murphy Verona +1194 to 9,014.

A surge from Byrne and Kehoe relegates Darcy to last place. Carthys distribution effectively determines the outcome. Ridiculous amount of permutations from what I can see. We could have a scenario where Darcy is eliminated next and its down to whether his vote goes local to Byrne or within the party to Kehoe.

They had it in 2016, don’t think they’ve been able to be as disciplined this time out

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-02-08/irish-election-may-mark-a-good-time-to-exit-the-country-s-bonds?_

2 Likes

600 up now. deering transfers will get Phelan in but will Aylward claw that much back on Malcolm?

Returning Officer Marian Chambers-Higgins calls for quiet in #GalwayWest and asks that a tricolour held up by SF supporters be taken down. “This is not the place for it.” #GE2020

Image may contain: 3 people, people standing

1 Like

Are you cowed by big business?

FF transfers holidng up much better according to the tallies. Timmy might just about survive