General Election 2020 Hub

just the north :smiley:

He cant keep it done.

Berry the latest in the trend of FFG surprisingly missing out on late/last seats.

1 Like

the gun and the armalite as they would say is well and truly back in irish politics

Ah lovely. Fair fucks to him.

Lolz

1 Like

Just looking at this.

80 is the magic number.

FF and FG combined are a max 74.

So if everyone else goes in together… some negotiations to get 22 independents to back you though!

1 Like

ill put my sindo hat on here and ask the question is this “our” Brexit or “our” Trump moment?

1 Like

Deciding that those problems will always exist is the problem with the likes of FG and FF. Maybe if the government tried to solve them they wouldn’t be intractable.

He’s never done it easy. He only won his first seat as Yatesy hit the canvassing with him for his last week in the hope he’d overhaul Avril. Byrne is by far a better politician but thems the breaks.

Byrnes council seat has also been filled so he has nothing to turn to now politically. I guess he’ll end up in the Seanad or something.

FG supporter thinks FG have delivered more social housing than any other government.

Yes. The country is hugely divided now.

Theres some guy cant think of his name. He might be elected to local council in Thurles. He is a paralympian and is blind but I’d expect him to be on ticket next time. Apparently he has a huge family and they think he could Hoover up votes across north Tipp. They had a shortlist of 50 this time around and approached 10.

That’s it and a lot of independents like the Healy Raes, Lowry, Naughten etc. would not be anywhere near the SF gene pool. Not that they couldn’t be bought at the right price I’m sure.

That’s the Ryan chap @carryharry was referencing

1 Like

Malcolm Byrne’s short tenure as a TD is the equivalent of a one cap wonder in rugby.

People wanted a change, it’s as simple as that.

To think SF could have been the biggest party in both popular vote AND seats had Limerick Muldoon constituency not elected some independent FF randomer on the basis of him driving a digger or truck with his name on it up and down a road for a couple of weeks.

That said, we should have ran more candidates.

5 Likes

Peter Ryan Upperchurch

It’s still possible