General Election 2020 Hub

Talk of a recount already.

That’s the fella. I would bet a pound a penny he will be running next time round.

I think they could have won the seat simply by getting their candidate to shave.

Look at him, a right evil looking fucker.

1 Like

Malcolm was starting out in UCD when I was finishing up there in the early 1990’s. He was primed to be elected even then. He served a long 25+ years apprenticeship to get elected for just 8 sitting days and is now back to square one.

The last count in Clare will be epic. Garvey’s transfers could go anywhere. Dooley needs to make up about 350 on SF and 250 on Breen FG. He’s even closer to McNamara but McNamara should be fine off those transfers.

I think it’s between Breen and Dooley.

We are a long way from the days of Jim Kemmy and Tony Gregory, and a few Labour and Workers Party heads being the only other seats other than FF and FG. Simpler times.

Listening to liveline here, why does Joe continue to allow the outraged FG voter keep shouting over everyone? cc @TheUlteriorMotive

Breen is gone. It’s Joe Carey of FG.

It is between those two, think Timmy might just eak it out

From the Laois Today Live Blog

The Green Party candidate Pippa Hackett has now jumped to sixth place. She’s after overtaking both Peter Ormond and Marcella Corcoran-Kennedy in the last two counts.

Carol Nolan is still looking relatively comfortable and Ken Smollen’s votes will probably benefit her more so than Pippa.

John Leahy will need almost 300 votes more than Peter Ormond this time to stay in the race.

Pippa and her husband Mark weren’t giving up hope earlier today. They’ve 1800 votes to make up but there’s about 16,000 votes still to come into play

The state of play after the 7th count in Laois-Offaly

1. Brian Stanley (Sinn Fein) – 16,654, ELECTED on the 1st Count
  2. Sean Fleming (Fianna Fail) – 9,835 (+99)
  3. Barry Cowen (Fianna Fail) – 9,698 (+456)
  4. Carol Nolan (Independent) – 8,353 (+1,244)
  5. Charlie Flanagan (Fine Gael) – 8,287 (+84)
  6. Pippa Hackett (Green) – 5,811 (+568)
  7. Marcella Corcoran-Kennedy (Fine Gael) – 4,917 (+134)
  8. John Leahy (Independent) – 4,821 (+629)
  9. Peter Ormond (Fianna Fail) – 4,449 (+89) - Eliminated
  10. Ken Smollen (Irish Democratic Party) – 3,941 – Eliminated
  11. Noel Tuohy (Labour) – 3,190 – Eliminated
  12. Stephen Tynan (People Before Profit) – 2,273 – Eliminated
  13. Pauline Flanagan (Fianna Fail) – 1,874 – Eliminated
  14. John Daly (Irish National Party) – 557 – Eliminated
  15. Noel O’Rourke (Renua) – 356 – Eliminated

Nicola is triggered now by the Trump voter :grinning:

He’s a US military veteran. He knows his onions.

Gorey gone from 2 sitting TD’s to none, and Enniscorthy with 3 for the first time in my memory.

Will you wait until TUM gets off the phone to Joe before you start copying him into your posts?

Sorry, Carey obviously. The excitement is too much.

Marion (is it?) enough agrees with everything he says, “thank you for your service” :smile:

Count 7 – Quota 11,816

Patricia Ryan (SF) 12,152 - ELECTED

Martin Heydon (FG) 11,676 (+2,025)

Cathal Berry (IND) 10,693 (+2,423)

Fiona O’Loughlin (FF) 10,370 (+1,434)

Cathal Berry is in the lead but we will now have to redistribute the surplus of Patricia Ryan to see who is elected.

The gap between Fiona O’Loughlin and Portarlington’s Berry is 323 and Ryan’s surplus is 336.

Done deal so, half of those will have no transfers.

Yeah Marion. Marion is apoplectic

The Mill-in-airs.

Nicola is sickened at Verona Murphy :joy::joy::joy:

The gap will only grow

And not worn what looks like some kind of youth wing military uniform