General Election 2020 Part 2

She is outstanding. The story here isn’t the Greens, the story is FFG.

The violent civil war parties want it all their own way. They want to hand pick who they can go into government with and who they can ignore. It’s all right when they refuse to speak with someone, but it’s scandalous when somebody refuses to legitimise their joint attempted power grab. The hypocrisy is astounding.

The Greens are open to going into government. They’ve said they want a national unity government and, as an alternative, they’ll consider going in with 1 (one) of the violent civil war parties and others.

FG lost around 40% of their seats in the election and are using a global pandemic to cling onto power. It’s absolutely sickening. At a time when the country should be pulling together they’re refusing to even speak with the party that represents 1 in every 4 people, including me. All so they can have their showy, set pieces to camera every few days to further their own political ends.

They said they were ready for opposition and it was up to SF to form a government, but the numbers weren’t there. Similarly they need to realise that they’ve failed to bounce the Greens into government and the numbers aren’t there either.

So it appears that a coalition government can’t be formed, and the main reason is because FFG won’t even speak to SF even in this climate with the nation on its knees.

10 Likes

What? HQ?

Stop being obtuse.

I’m not a FF supporter.

Fair play @Bandage. Well thought out post. It’s good to see you putting personal feelings aside and rowing in with the rubby crowd in the interest of Ireland.

The fact the government isn’t new and there hasn’t been any changeover is helpful. However, we are only following advice on how to deal with the virus and the same steps as taken elsewhere, we have been a little slower than most European countries in implementing restrictions, and there is a lot of coordination on this. I’m not convinced any new government would have done anything different to following the expert advice. I’m also sure that Mary Lou or MĂ­chĂ©al could have delivered the speeches that Leo has in at least as convincing a manner, and that if they did we’d all be going around saying how great it was they were in instead of Leo.

1 Like

Really?
You say we were slower in responding than Europe. Were we faster or slower than Europe shutting down our schools/nursing homes relative to our first case? Just a factual answer will be fine.

2 Likes

I’m not reading that, but I’m giving it a like as its a beautifully formed post, which is rare to see on a rant around here.

We’re in Europe, pal.

Yerra shur didnt he just say

we are only following advice on how to deal with the virus and the same steps as taken elsewhere, we have been a little slower than most European countries in implementing restrictions,

He cant be straighter than that.

Thanks. Could you please tweet the relevant minor celebrities with that information.

4 Likes

Europe is quite a few countries, asking for a “factual answer” to your question is a bit stupid. Relative to our first case, we haven’t been one of the fastest anyway. There was a relatively long lag before closing bars and then restaurants, and then a relatively long lag until “lockdown” again. I’m not being hyper critical, we seem to have managed this relatively well. But it’s not like we’ve done exceptionally or anything that hasn’t been the pattern elsewhere.

Which ones would you say are relevant?

@Juhniallio, I think you can take that as a no.

Throw up the list there. You seem to be all over this.

Mad that @Juhniallio didn’t know this.

The list of Europe?

We’ve all seen your posts where you slag him for being in the closet. Vile.

Hi Glas. Not sure whether you trust the Guardian but here’s an article with outlines of dates of schools closures which confirms Ireland was certainly ahead of most of Europe.

Hi @glasagusban heres the link.

I think you forgot the link but I suppose a list of dates of school closures settles it, case closed.