General Election 2020 Part 2

Who do they need to justify the troubles to? The younger voters dont give a fuck and dont remember them. In 10-20 years the majority of people will have been born post troubles or at the tail end of them… In that same time frame you’ll see the population edge towards 60 - 40 in favour of nationalists up north. Catholics are now the majority for the first time ever and that’s only going one way… but that doesnt guarantee a UI, as most young people outside the urban strong holds up north are fairly ambivalent and they’ll go with their pockets… If Scotland breaks away from England then it’s game over for the north - As it is I suspect the English would gladly facilitate a handover and lay out a road map to it to save pumping billions into the north… we’re all just paddies to them anyway.

If anything I think there is a nationalist streak in younger people that doesn’t exist in older Southerners who were put off by the Troubles. I think the RIC was an example of this.

10 Likes

The FF lads in the 30s admitted being in the IRA. Gerry Adams was not in the IRA.

Simpson’s memes don’t mean much beyond tolerance. The polls don’t back it up.

SF’s brand of cuddly Gerry won’t convince unionists, which is rather the point here.

Unionists are a dying breed … Unionists who stayed on down south survived alright.

And lads on here who support SF will tell you that the nationalism around Brexit and Trump was ill advised.

Who do they need to glorify the troubles to …

They dont. And hopefully continue to learn that.

Totally different types of nationalism. Theirs is imperialist and based around a feeling of superiority and a bygone golden age of domination.

Never, never, never, never…

Agreed. It’s a shame so that there is a constant sense of sneaking regard out of some of their leading figures for it.

1 Like

20 years ago they would have been living it, not singing it ---- they’ve come a long way and in 20 years time and when i’m at the forefront they be a different animal again.

1 Like

You should look to progress yourself in the party and put yourself up for election. Seriously. I’d confidently say you would be a bigger addition than half of the no-marks that won election this time around for SF.

5 Likes

I’ve thought about it ---- But @Rocko would have to agree to wipe my account here first… i’d have nutters from here publishing some shit talk from me in the Dily Mail and the likes. I’d also have to visit nearly 600 women to make sure there are no love children floating around and pay them off to stay out of the press regarding wild sex antics. —

4 Likes

Keeping the party line mightn’t come to easy to him…

1 Like

A truth and reconciliation commission on your past will surely draw a line under it

A woman scorned is worse than the bitterest of Unionists …

Maybe @Malarkey could offer some advice in that regard

He never scorned a woman in his life.

Nor did they ever wish harm on him. They were grateful for what they got.

1 Like