General Election 2020 Part 2

Whether you approve or not, FFG clearly stated they would not talk to SF.
They got their vote on this premise and it is what it is.

Imo, SF should have put huge pressure on FF to go into coalition but it didn’t suit SF.
Going after FG is basically pointless as they ran a campaign on change.

If SF are truly serious they need to put a realistic program for Government together and get everyone bar FFG onboard. Call it a unity Government etc.

I don’t believe the appetite is there or even the will but that’s just my opinion.

The protest vote that SF secured are well able to shout on Bookface but if they think the sense of entitlement is good enough then SF are probably better off in opposition.

FF said they would not do a deal with FG.

FG said they would lead the opposition.

So what if they said before a global pandemic that they wouldn’t speak to SF.

2 Likes

Yes mate.

If you know your history (which I doubt you do), you’ll know that Seán MacBride actually resigned from the IRA in 1937 following the Irish Constitution being ratified. Sean MacBride was also not engaged in gangsterism and murder cover up since stopping fighting.

SF do not recognise the Irish State. That’s just one of their many problems.

SF’s record on cover ups since the Peace Process is well established. For someone who considers themselves moral virtuous and superior, your continued sweep sweep on that and blaming the Sunday Independent is a bad look.

3 Likes

That’s right. They don’t recognise the two failed states on this island, which is why reunification and a breakaway from the white collar corruption of FF/FG is one of key parts of their mandate.

At the end of the day it’s mathematically workable. There’s a massive inconsistency in saying the country can’t take another government led by FF/FG but also saying that the alternative you have at your feet is too difficult to manage, to the point that you don’t even bother trying.

Another election is what is required.

Turkeys will never vote in favour on Xmas etc etc

I agree, but the optics of all the other parties whining about the current proposal while not doing a tap themselves needs to be remembered by the public.

The optics reflects worse on FF/FG. They have rejected the electorate.

Thats pretty embarrassing.

Agreed but can’t happen until at least next year

It can’t.

I’ll probably regret this, but why do you say that? FF and FG trying to form a government is perfectly legitimate, if they get another smaller party to go in with them to make a majority then that’s a validly formed government.

SF (or anyone else) don’t have a right to be involved and excluding them is not a rejection of the electorate or anything like that. The only true mandate in a parliamentary democracy is an single party majority. Parties are elected with a mandate to agitate for the policies they campaigned on, but no party has a mandate to govern or even be included in discussions where a coalition is to be formed.

4 Likes

I haven’t said the country can’t take a FFG government. If they can pull it together then that’s what should hapoen

I don’t think this is well established at all. Neither does a large percentage of the electorate.

Yes it is. Unless you willfully put your head in the sand.

Thankfully the majority of the electorate can still see through their scumbaggery.

I would agree with that. However excluding Sinn Fein and then a month later criticising them for not forming a government is hypocritical. But that’s FFG for you

1 Like

Sign the contract baby

FF ran on a mandate of not going into power with FG.