General Election 2020 Part 2

Would you count David Humphreys are Irish?

As Irish as anyone

The correct answer was

“Does he?”

Tyrone Howe also, but I refuse to acknowledge that useless bastards existence.

Yeah, that’s just something we picked up during your 800 year subjugation of our own culture.

1 Like

I had a bit of sympathy for Calleary at first but his bellyaching since and that of his supporters has turned me the other way. A politician with a sense of entitlement is never going to come off well.

5 Likes

Maybe it has been said already but no Ministers from the West. But lets say there are one or two appointed from Donegal or Mayo or Clare but they’re no good or not qualified or a token and there are capable people not in Ministries. Why not put the best people into the positions? Am I being too rational here?

1 Like

the wesht had Michael ring diverting a lot of grants their way

they re pissed off thats gone

5 Likes

They elected a load of apes, the good people of Cork South Central saw the bigger picture

2 Likes

When you vote here you have to chuckle at the wealth of quality that’s down in front of you. Spoilt for choice.

So explain to me why Norma Foley is a minister so?

Who now?
Edit: looked her up. The new Minister for Education. Kerry woman, first time TD. I agree, what’s the big deal. Maybe Kerry isn’t see as the western seaboard?

Norma Foley.

Champ realised there was going to be still residue of civil war bitterness in Kerry . This helped break the ice

Will you stop trying to be sensible, especially when it comes to Mick and his politics. Roodle Ireland has been shafted here apparently and that’s all that’s fit to print.

1 Like

They made a show of themselves on the news yesterday. Varadkar gave Ring a great dig about ministers who only care about their constituency being no use.

Sure his supporters weren’t even bothered about “the west” as a greater entity. It was all “Mayo should have a minister”.

I missed that bit. One of them said 'First Covid and now this’:smiley::smiley:

Why didn’t they make a Minister for Covid?

I was have chosen Simon Covidney.

4 Likes

You were suggesting that FF had promoted people who were capable and it was at odds with the FF grass roots. Here’s a first time TD whose family is literally named after corruption. You can’t get more FF grassroots than that.

3 Likes