General Election 2020 Part 2

I have stories like that and much worse through my job,
But to automatically dismiss somebody who says that they had mental health issues at a specific time in their lives that contributed to unusual behaviour is over the top , there are degrees of mental illness like all illness, you are suggesting that nobody deserves sympathy or help until they have a complete breakdown

2 Likes

Looks like someone just brought a knife to a gun fight.

Taz,

I owe you an apology. I misread your post where you said ā€œthey donā€™t have a clue about mental healthā€ I thought you said I donā€™t have a clue, and responded on that basis. And Iā€™m sorry for your difficulties.

I think Connors gave a good an unreserved apology and I donā€™t think he used the mental health difficulties as an excuse or that it takes away from anyone. We keep keep being told that we should be open to talking about this stuff and I think that means not shooting people down when they do.

6 Likes

Are you saying that Connors behaviour was over the top? After all the shite he had posted, I would have regarded this as normal behaviour for him. The only reason he is throwing out the mental health issue is because of the back lash against him.

Is it possible the mental health issues may be genuine?

From what Iā€™ve read I believe that his campaign against this Roderick fella and the loons he got mixed up with as a result was out of character, he has realised that and apologised unreservedly, he may feel that he was in a very bad place mentally,
Obviously some people will take the piss but surely a genuine fella who seeks help early on is to be supported, who actually knows what was going on in his head?

3 Likes

Fair play to Connors - could have said nothing but apologized for the world to see.

3 Likes

Could he not just have apologised and said he made a mistake without throwing in that he had a mental health issues because he lost his grandfather? why did he need to do that? Is it just to lessen his own responsibility and stupidity?

5 Likes

If they are and he was aware of them why didnā€™t he seek the help? Will he seek help now or will he carry on as normal?

He was under duress, made a mistake owned up.

We just have to take him at that ---- itā€™s never enough in the modern world tho, damned if you do , damned if you dont.

1 Like

If itā€™s true then it goes some way towards excusing his behaviour, making excuses whether true or not is perfectly natural human behaviour, I donā€™t think you get to repeatedly use the mental health ā€˜cardā€™ as an excuse though. I believe this was out of character but I donā€™t follow him or know much about him,

Maybe itā€™s bullshit but I guess my real point is that itā€™s not always bullshit,

Do you want him to include all that in the statement?

He included everything else in the statement.

What about the people who cite mental health to not take responsibility for their actions that cause hurt or distress to people?

1 Like

No time for him but that is one of the sincere apologies Iā€™ve ever read in fairness

2 Likes

Didnt you hear? He apologised, its all grand now.

Ah ya canā€™t be saying that now.

When is his next movie coming out?

Iā€™m sure that happens, fairly gutless to be honest but who is judge and jury here

My only point is that it happens

Reprehensible acts are reprehensible acts at the end of the day.