General Election 2020 Part 2

What people were voting for most of all is a country with decent public services and access to housing, whether private or public, owner or renter, that wonā€™t break them financially. Decent public healthcare. The chance to have some sort of a life rather than being a hamster on a wheel. Thatā€™s both aspirational and pragmatic. That has been borne out both by the results and by the way Fine Gael and Fianna Fail have had to move to occupy some semblance of the ground of the left.

2 Likes

They are the Iā€™m alright Jack brigade. They donā€™t understand the notion of a social contract.

9 Likes

Fuck it, for a minute there I lost myself.

OK, lets just get it done.

Sinn Fein voters? Apparently not looking at the survey above

What is the closest amount of time, since the foundation of the state, between which two elections were held? Three months? 6 months?

Would you be in favour of the government subsidizing low wage employees rather than paying more on social welfare?

No. You

1 Like

Has the market proved ā€œnimbleā€? Thatā€™s a rhetorical question. The market has proved about as nimble as a combine harvester driving into Dun Leary harbour.

Can you read results of a survey? Do you need a few minutes and a calculator

Yes, but not at the expense of an improvement in services.

Sinn Fein voters are obviously more tuned in to FG waste. FG are responsible for building the most expensive hospital on the planet. I imagine Sinn Fein voters would prefer more efficient public spending.

There were two elections in 1982 one in February and one in November

2 Likes

You voted for the simple populist message when there was a genuine left wing alternative. Deal with it.

What is the constitutional position if no government say after a month ? @artfoley

You couldnā€™t make it up. The lad who spends all his waking hours moaning at ā€œdolersā€ and ā€œsingle mothersā€ and ā€œspongersā€ and ā€œthe woke brigadeā€ and everything under the sun that isnā€™t in his idealised vision of a pure, Catholic, dancing at the crossroads 1930s Ireland is now claiming to be all about a social contract.

2 Likes

I really thought this election would bring the forum together. This sniping does no one any good.

2 Likes

No thatā€™s just something you made up.

June 11, 1981 to February 18, 1982 is the shortest gap between elections in modern history if not all history of this state.

Blokes in suits not welcome