General Election 2020 Part 2

He is wrong about pretty basic factual things about SF and enables them.

The EPL break has exposed new fault lines and revealed new alliances.

In the Free State days there were elections in June and September 1927

The Liverpool Shinners are enjoying a year like no other.

1 Like

There are very few of them as Liverpool is a Protestant club I believe.

1 Like

Thanks to our reforming Minister for Housing in the job for 2.5 years for this. Plenty more to come in 2020.

Heā€™ll never get the credit he deserves.

1 Like

Modern life is full of contradictions as weā€™ve seen over the past few days.

Enables what? A more progressive vision of Ireland beyond the slavish ideology of the market?

Access to housing without breaking you financially? Public healthcare?

@TheUlteriorMotive mentioned Trump earlier. What was your position on Trump, I wonder? Did views like yours enable the car crash that the US is now?

sinn Fein isnā€™t a religious party.

Thank God for that.

A lot of Sinn Fein proposed policies make absolute sense for a better society. Just because a few ā€œIā€™m alright Jackā€ types donā€™t like them donā€™t make them populist. They have been costed by the DOF. Populist is being called out by the DOF for having incorrect figures ala Michael Noonan in the 2016 election campaign.

I was in primary school, those elections, Charlie vs Garrett and the Kerry Babies Case are the two news stories I remember most clearly from early childhood. I have a memory of the Kerry Babies case going on for ages.

I merely pointed out that quotes from an ā€œanonymous academicā€ that gives no reasoning for their opinion is nonsense. You can check back to morning Ireland and see who was on if you like.

The US economy continues to go very well.

He could support real left wing parties if he wanted to. The enabling of SF from the soft and hard left will ultimately see them devoured by SF who will move more and more to the centre in order to stay on top.

You must have got a real kick there mentioning Trump Sid. Just donā€™t post on one of his threads for a while, we donā€™t want you losing the plot again.

2 Likes

Who was Minister for Housing before Murphy?

Iā€™m alright Jacks versus Jacks and the Beanstalk

Simon Coveney, I think

Only dawned on me that Pauline Tully TD is the ex wife of Pearse McCauley. He nearly killed her with a knife a few years back

2 Likes

Up the ā€˜Ra