George Lee

Richard Bruton, despite being FGs most respected politician will not emerge from this very well, its possible he was obstructive or at least protective of his position.
Its up to the people to decide if he was right but iv a feeling the people would have preferred Lee, after all its Lee that FG led us to believe was the answer when he ran in the by election and thats what got Lee romping home. He was the solution, the difference and most especially he was what FF didnt have.
Fg are fucked as a party.

It was gutsy of him to get involved in the first place, leaving the safety of rte to begin with was a brave move. Unfortunately for him, he was fooled by the blueshirt spin doctors into thinking the top dogs were really interested in change. He’ll be better opposition back in the media than he was in the Dail anyway.

There is a touch of the Jim Glennon about this, a guy with a bit of cop on who found that there was no room for that sort of stuff in the Dail and got out. I would give Lee great credit for pulling the plug even though he’s probably bringing a shit storm down on top of himself. The novelty wore off and he found himself as just another FG TD with no real input into policy. I’d say you’d be wasting your time in one of these parties with the amount of stroking and internal politics in there, fellas having to be looked after and three generations of political dynasties and fiefdoms needing to be catered for. The good of the country is way, way down the priority list for the sort of encumbent cunts in there.

It was fairly naive for anyone to think that they were going to waltz into a political party, where other people have been waiting for 20+ years for their chance, and walk straight into a position of power or influence.

Yeah you’re right but I think he was of the opinion that Fine Gael were interested in a different economic strategy rather than believing he was going to be the minister of finance.

At the end of the day here is a guy who is actually rejecting the political games that the whole country constantly complains about, and yet on the Joe Duffy show right now I bet they’re outraged at the disrespect he’s shown fine gael.

Lee became the third FG TD in Dublin South when he got elected so I’d imagine that the “cold shoulder” was strongest of all from the other FG TDs there Olivia Mitchell and Alan Zionist cunt Shatter

George is on Liveline now BTW.

Its a mirror image of the Internet in so many ways. Lee was like a newbie poster recruited from UTD coming onto a Forum like thefreekick, expecting to immediately be given the time of day. Even the posters that are on his side reckon he is a bit too uppity for his own good. The newbie poster is an expert in one particular area (economics), lets say on tfk its NFL. Flano plays the part of Richard Bruton, observing from a distance before removing any semblence of authority from the newbie poster, causing him to resign from the Forum, citing a lack of influence over matters NFL.

North County Corncrake plays the role of John O Donoghue. He once sat at a position of power but has been deposed and disgraced. Like John, he still clings on despite having been roundly defeated, always knowing the people of South Kerry, played by Dunph, will be there to shine his shoes when the time comes.

This is just hilarious. Time to wheel Shay Brennan back out to reclaim the seat.

Bravo :clap:

Forgot to say that this excuse about “serving your time” etc that a lot of people are trotting out is a load of bullshit. If somebody is clearly more qualified for a role than others, then it’s just stupidity not to give them even a voice. Lee wasn’t trying to usurp Richard Bruton. This is a total PR disaster for FG, FF will be laughing. Labour look certan to get that seat now.

Lee is holding his own agaainst the Won’t Someone Think Of The Children Brigade on liveline

Ah thats brilliant Tipper, good work. :smiley:

I’d say the FF crowd are laughing their arses off at this. FG are a joke, the best leader they never had was Lowry, time to go begging for the Tipp man back at this stage, for the sake of the country.

Charlie Bird, pack your bags now. It’s time to come home.

Somehow I think George took a call from Treasury Buildings, and I supose Olivia Mitchell is enjoying a nice boozy lunch.

Personally I think he should have resigned the party but remain in Leinster House until the General.

As a by the by; is history about to be made with FF winning TWO by-elections?

He’s on his way back anyway (afaik)

I suspect Mark Little will be interested in a return to DC

People talk about the FFers who vote ff regardless because it is in them, well look no further than Margaret the FG drone. What a cunt.
she wont be talking down to george again anytime soon.

Kenny and his inner circle coming out of this terribly, its Fg meltdown on the liveline!

Interesting to hear he was offered the front bench by kenny when he resigned, says it all.

Labour’s Alex White will walk home in Dublin South. Some TV deflector candidate who’ll vote with FF in the Dail will probably win in Donegal.

Joe Duffy to George Lee: “So you’ve just stripped naked in the last hour?..of all your political leanings?”

FG’s strategy and policy gurus have already met within the last hour to draft up a provisional list of celebrities to approach about running in the by election. Damien from Fair City is reported to ‘very interested’.

The Money lending bastard can go ta fuck, so he can.