Germany v Ireland - Friday, October 11th

Totti obviously taking Northern Ireland’s defeat to Azerbaijan very badly.

Why don’t you fuck off Totti and do us all a favour.

[quote=“Mac, post: 601120, member: 109”]Christ but you’re an even bigger retard than I thought you were. KIB Man’s logic of approaching the Galway game was correct. He valued the team at a lower price than they were available and was happy to back them at the bigger price. You in the other hand seem to have no concept of what value actually is and are happy to back a team at any price. Using your logic we should be backing 1/100 shots all the time cos they’re going to win. The only way you will consistently win money betting is if you can beat the price. If you’re not able to see that then you should just walk away now before you
waste anymore money.

You remind me if the sort of lad who you’ll see roaring home a 4/5 favouite at a race meeting and then goes to collect his 9 euro winnings.[/quote]

Out of order.

Rudi making good use of the search function here. He must be having a ball at the engagement do.

That’s tomorrow night, pal.

[quote=“Sandymount Red, post: 844763, member: 1074”]Totti obviously taking Northern Ireland’s defeat to Azerbaijan very badly.
[/quote]
Why would an Italian supporter care about those cunts results ?

The cunt thinks he’s Colombian lately.

:smiley:

Some of the posts on this thread last night crossed a line. @Bandage please issue infractions to those who criticised Stokes.

I understand that Kilkenny twins Angela and Ann Downey are seething with Ozil.

Ah few observations on last night:

Forde was very good, solid on crosses aswell as spectacular in some of his saves.

Coleman wasn’t too bad but took too many chances trying to dribble the ball out of defence

Gibson was anonymous.

McCarthy was a little bit better but again lacked the courage to get on the ball. Worked hard

Doyle was a big improvement on his last few games for Ireland but doubt he’ll ever be up to the standard required for international football

Stokes was our best outfield player. Worked tirelessly, wasn’t afraid to get on the ball, brought his teammates into the game well, lost the ball a good bit but that’s what happens when you play upfront on your own against one of the best teams in the world. Should have made more of the chances he got though

[quote=“Fran, post: 844884, member: 110”]Ah few observations on last night:

Forde was very good, solid on crosses aswell as spectacular in some of his saves.

Coleman wasn’t too bad but took too many chances trying to dribble the ball out of defence

Gibson was anonymous.

McCarthy was a little bit better but again lacked the courage to get on the ball. Worked hard

Doyle was a big improvement on his last few games for Ireland but doubt he’ll ever be up to the standard required for international football

Stokes was our best outfield player. Worked tirelessly, wasn’t afraid to get on the ball, brought his teammates into the game well, lost the ball a good bit but that’s what happens when you play upfront on your own against one of the best teams in the world. Should have made more of the chances he got though[/quote]
Agreed with all that. Forde still doesn’t convince me but he’s playing well.

Coleman needs to just get rid of the ball sometimes, he’s too slow to clear his lines. He’ll be a good player for us though. Clark makes lots of mistakes. Good to have a good attacking threat from set pieces but he looks capable of slicing every cross past his own goalkeeper.

Gibson played just like every other time he’s been picked for Ireland. He did next to nothing.

My favourite performance pd the night was bandages. The sterling defence of stokes in the face of the evidence and the posters who were simply keen to test how angry he would get was admirable.
My man of the match by a mile.

King is clearly a simpleton. Like most football men he has a football for a brain.
Disgruntled squad + unwinnable game + returning players = three subs on no mater what to build harmony. Instead we get the usual football man stuff of cover my own arse by not rocking the boat. If he brings on a sub at 1 or 2 he would get stick if more go in and as a professional man we can’t have that

My thoughts:
I was quite encouraged by that performance.
I think the team was set up quite badly though.
Stokes, imo, showed great moral courage and played without fear and on another night would’ve had a goal or two. Definitely shows the benefits of playing Champions League football.
In the rare moments we had possession we didn’t always just hoof it long, which was nice, though I could see Coleman or Wilson almost about to do so and then remember that Trap is no longer the manager.
Tuesday should be interesting and I’m looking forward to it. Germany are fucking brilliant (and probably all on a doping programme) and it could’ve been 2-1 but for Neuer. I’m glad they got the third at the end so the -2 came in, though.
Forde is a fucking lion, when he’s on his day he’s way better than Westwood.
There was some excellent last ditch tackles and blocks from our defence, despite them never playing together before. Delaney and Clark were awful on the ball though and when the Germans put pressure on them they won back possession so easily. They did their homework on us, but it was the kind of homework you’d do 5 minutes before class started copying off one of your pals and that you’d still get away with perfectly.
I watched the match in Sinnotts as I didn’t finish work until 7:30. It’s a good place to pick up foreign women. There was even a couple of groups of gamey Kraut ladies.

[quote=“twiceasnice97, post: 844890, member: 1061”]My favourite performance pd the night was bandages. The sterling defence of stokes in the face of the evidence and the posters who were simply keen to test how angry he would get was admirable.
My man of the match by a mile.

King is clearly a simpleton. Like most football men he has a football for a brain.
Disgruntled squad + unwinnable game + returning players = three subs on no mater what to build harmony. Instead we get the usual football man stuff of cover my own arse by not rocking the boat. If he brings on a sub at 1 or 2 he would get stick if more go in and as a professional man we can’t have that[/quote]

have you seen the All Ireland hurling manager mate?

In most countries this downer would be sectioned

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 844891, member: 129”]My thoughts:
I was quite encouraged by that performance.
I think the team was set up quite badly though.
Stokes, imo, showed great moral courage and played without fear and on another night would’ve had a goal or two. Definitely shows the benefits of playing Champions League football.
In the rare moments we had possession we didn’t always just hoof it long, which was nice, though I could see Coleman or Wilson almost about to do so and then remember that Trap is no longer the manager.
Tuesday should be interesting and I’m looking forward to it. Germany are fucking brilliant (and probably all on a doping programme) and it could’ve been 2-1 but for Neuer. I’m glad they got the third at the end so the -2 came in, though.
Forde is a fucking lion, when he’s on his day he’s way better than Westwood.
There was some excellent last ditch tackles and blocks from our defence, despite them never playing together before. Delaney and Clark were awful on the ball though and when the Germans put pressure on them they won back possession so easily. They did their homework on us, but it was the kind of homework you’d do 5 minutes before class started copying off one of your pals and that you’d still get away with perfectly.
I watched the match in Sinnotts as I didn’t finish work until 7:30. It’s a good place to pick up foreign women. There was even a couple of groups of gamey Kraut ladies.[/quote]

:smiley:

faint praise

Stokes’ main contribution was setting up germany’s first goal. At least he didn’t headbutt anyone or burn the stadium down for an insurance claim.

[quote=“Rocko, post: 844887, member: 1”]

Gibson played just like every other time he’s been picked for Ireland. He did next to nothing.[/quote]

He has a charlatan, has been given far too many chances in an Ireland jersey and never done a jot. Honest but limited pros like Whelan and Green get dogs abuse despite putting in some decent shifts for us yet this utter cunt seems to get off scot free.

Fuck him and all belonging to him

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 844911, member: 1137”]He has a charlatan, has been given far too many chances in an Ireland jersey and never done a jot. Honest but limited pros like Whelan and Green get dogs abuse despite putting in some decent shifts for us yet this utter cunt seems to get off scot free.

Fuck him and all belonging to him[/quote]
The other two get abused for making mistakes on the ball. Gibson has so far chosen not to get on the ball at all to avoid such criticism.

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 844911, member: 1137”]He has a charlatan, has been given far too many chances in an Ireland jersey and never done a jot. Honest but limited pros like Whelan and Green get dogs abuse despite putting in some decent shifts for us yet this utter cunt seems to get off scot free.

Fuck him and all belonging to him[/quote]

Well said. His effort for the last goal summed him up. Cowardly bastard.

This effort where Coleman put it on a plate for that excuse of a footballer playing in a joke shop league in Scotland is it…stokes should have scored 2 certs if not 3…he couldn’t even hit the ball for one ffs.it was like watching an u-10 player…

He tried hard to be far to the lad,he’s prob better suited playing out wide and cutting in rather than in the centre…Robbie would have had a hat trick last night