Getting a dog

The boss in our house just back from the vets. Very under the weather as he had to be sedated. Not serious thankfully, nothing rest and TLC won’t cure we are told. Try telling a 50Kg bundle of muscle and energy though :face_with_peeking_eye:

Vets are brilliant. You take an animal to them and they figure out whats wrong. Jeez you go to the doctor and they relieve you of €60/70 and you have to tell them what’s the matter.

10 Likes

Still the Goat, even though he’s a dog

9 Likes

Cavachon…?

Talk to me you cunts.

Cute. No shedding afaik. Not to yappy.

Great little house dog, our fella would sleep for Ireland

11 Likes

This fella is a mighty dog .but useless at playing fetch…he will carry two, sometimes three tennis balls in his mouth and won’t drop them but he will chase after another one with the mouth full

6 Likes

Get him in a narrow place where he has no choice but to return to you, like a hallway and present a treat when he comes back, don’t give him the treat until he drops the ball. That’s how i taught my lad. About 2 hours over a week.

Whippets aren’t as obedient as labs so you should be a day or two at it.

Beautiful dog fair play to you. Looks healthy

5 Likes

My dog got into the hens again today.
Two dead, on top of the one killed he last month.

1 Like

He’d play it out the back at home alright but once he gets the wide open space good luck to it. He’s as fit as a fiddle alright

1 Like

Try what i said with the treats at home for a while. It definitely works. Bring treats everywhere with you, or even a higher value toy. My fella isn’t really food driven the cunt so I’ve to use other methods for harder things

3 Likes

Tis in him, you can’t fault him.

2 Likes

A dog is a dog. Never forget it

Some fetch and others don’t

I have two, one lives to fetch and return, the other will fetch but she’s not bringing it back

1 Like

A lab is bred to retrieve. Its easy train them to come back and drop, you just have to be willing to do it

1 Like

He never had to be shown how to do it

I’m talking about gils dog.

We’ve been lumbered with another dog. A topic I don’t really want to get into, several different reasons.

Anyway the wife decided to call it Presco.

Years ago, probably mid '70s the wife’s family got a dog from their aunt who was Mother Superior in the PRESentation COvent (hence the name) in Lismore. She sent Presco up to Limerick in a crate on the train. You could do that back then. Maybe you still can.

Anyway they were walking in the Ennis Road one day when the poor dog was knocked down by a car. Still alive but limping badly. The father gathered up the dog and said he’d bring it straight into a vet he knew in town. As they were walking over Sarsfield Bridge, without breaking stride or uttering a word, he fucked poor Presco into the Shannon.

That was the end of Presco.

16 Likes

Wow. A wonderful window on a different time, well told.

1 Like