Getting a dog

Kerry blue in there somewhere?

Schnauzer are a lovely gentle dog

Not sure, it looks like it alright. Must find out.

1 Like

The poor fucker must be struggling in the heat

1 Like

I’m sure they all are. He keeps inside a fair bit.

1 Like

Beauty though

1 Like

I’m hearing that Dogs Trust & pounds in general are bursting at seams with animals.

Quick scan through Dogs Trust site there and no dog recommended for family with young kids….

That came up with a quick look on there if of interest.

My kids are 7 & under

Too young for any kind of a terrier I’d say.

2 Likes

Pup maybe

Think you’ve mentioned before about hounds

Looks a smashing dog and 6 plus

I have a collie/jr cross and she is superb around kids

1 Like

Maybe this is common, anyway

We have the two dogs, Labrador obviously stone mad for food, the terrier not do pushed.
We feed them together, the lab will never touch the food in the other bowl, within reason obviously.
So the lab anticipates grub time, same times everyday and he’ll go and rouse the small fella because he knows we won’t t put out the food till they’re both in situ, so off he goes tail wagging furiously to find yer one and pester her till she comes to where we feed them,
It’s funny to see

6 Likes

Labs are absolute monsters for the grub. Never realised just how much until recently as the brother adopted a guide dog.

Was minding this lab for a few days as brother away. He’d left food for the few days which I’d kept up above a press.

The dog climbed the drawers up to the top of the press and ate the four days worth of food in no time.

In comparison, you could leave the bag of dog food beside.my two terriers and would be there pretty much untouched unless they’d a hunger. Labs appear to eat for the sake of eating or simply cos the opportunity presents.

1 Like

I thought it was just my fella. He’d eat anything. Feel guilty because he is always hungry

What age ? I have the same breed & partner is pregnant!! Dog is a rescue & very playful jumps on everyone that comes in but settles then once she gets a sniff & rub!! Cautious about bringing the newborn any tips be great

I had a Jack Russel and she had a serious set against any strange males. Took 4 or 5 visits to the house for her to be ok around one.

I was very wary of her when the first child arrived, and suspected I have to get rid of her. Turned out she was actually unreal with the children. Very gentle and always minding them.

A rescue but around 10. She is similar to your own with adults. No real trick to it she is totally gentle around kids and was like that from day 1, we were careful initially but she never demonstrated any concerning behaviour

A labrador would ate a pallet

1 Like