Getting Back in the Game/you'd want your head examined to referee a ladies football match

I’m to return to association football tomorrow night after 8 years absence… I haven’t been able to make the few training sessions to date due to work but we have a friendly lined up tomorrow which I expect to be thrown into at some stage.

I’m gonna use this thread to encourage/ inspire all forumites to get back in touch with pursuits they love but have given up…

However, steel studs in this ground?? I suspect I better buy a set of rubber/nylon yolks?- Elvery’s will have them, right?

I will be plying my trade at the lofty heights of Division 4a* :clap:

*Limerick District league only goes as far as 4b http://www.thefreekick.com/board/file:///C:\Users\ROBERT~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.png:oops:

Splendid news, best of luck pal :clap:

No biting.

Ah shite, from the thread title I thought this was going to be the glorious return of @ChocolateMice.

Get yourself moulded studs, today if possible, and get out and do a 10/15 minutes jog on them (on grass) before you throw yourself into a game. The ground is like concrete at the moment.

Don’t wear steel studs on this ground whatever you do.

[QUOTE=“Mark Renton, post: 987204, member: 1796”]
I’m gonna use this thread to encourage/ inspire all forumites to get back in touch with pursuits they love but have given up…

:clap:

http://www.thefreekick.com/board/file:///C:\Users\ROBERT~1.HAR\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.png[BCOLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]:oops:[/BCOLOR][/QUOTE]
Don’t. You’ll get badly hurt.

What crowd are you going playing with? I haven’t played in Limerick since the heady days of getting to 1B with Hyde Rangers.

I got a set of nylon yolks which are fine…went out on the green earlier and they worked a treat.

Shelbourne Rovers are the team.

Did you buy a car?

Still looking, pal. Not gonna rush into anything. Gonna check out an Opel Astra next.

Don’t waste your time, kid. Move on from the Opel, next.

You’ve a very closed mind, Harry, mate. Opel is a solid German car and to be respected.

A hape of shit

As Ireland’s Number One Supporter during the glory days of association football in the free statelet, there’s an enduring loyalty to Opel as a brand amongst consumers of a certain demographic.

Arnold O’Byrne > Bill Cullen

Did you have problems with your one, pal?

Would never buy an Opel. You’d be as well off with a 135 as an Opel.

No issue with my Opel Astra

so far… :eek:

Should I flog it before it blows up guys?

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 987805, member: 686”]No issue with my Opel Astra

so far… :eek:

Should I flog it before it blows up guys?[/QUOTE]
Yes. @Mark Renton will take it off you for a few magic beans

whatever you buy will only get robbed the first time you play for Shelbourne anyway.

Do they play in the Park?
That’s a nice pitch.