Getting Back in the Game/you'd want your head examined to referee a ladies football match

I think they do. Never played on it. What is the standard like at home these days, I haven’t seen a junior match in yonks.

I play in Desmond League now where the standard has dropped massively outside of the top 3/4 teams. From talking to a few people involved with city teams they reckon there has been a similar fall off in standard.

The top few teams are as good as anything in the country… but a lot of lads are off in Oz etc. playing away.

I presume the big clubs are still picking and choosing their squads from around Limerick at the start of every season? Very hard for smaller/local clubs to build teams when that is happening.

Joe, is it true that you are a big Bridge Celtic supporter?

No interest- I am GAA all the way. My newphew plays with Shannon town tho :mad:

They are a Limerick team, aren’t they?

Yeah---- I went to School with your club man Mikey O’Doherty…Do you know him?

I haven’t played for the Bridge in 5 or 6 years

Mikey never played either- has cerebral palsy— think he is from out by O’Briens bridge.

Anyway soccer is shite!

Hurling is a mans game.

Are club games going ahead this week?

[QUOTE=“Joe Player, post: 987831, member: 2692”]Mikey never played either- has cerebral palsy— think he is from out by O’Briens bridge.

Anyway soccer is shite!

Hurling is a mans game.

Are club games going ahead this week?[/QUOTE]

Ah, young Mikey. I know that rogue well, i wouldn’t have known that his last name is O’Doherty. We would consider him a Hough at this stage

Less than 2hrs to kick-off… The adrinealine is pumping now… Tis as muggy as fuck out there :frowning:

Don’t try to do too much tonight mate, keep it simple. Short passes, strong tackles, plenty talking and you’ll be grand

This must have gone to e/t and penalties. Or else Renton has collapsed pitch-side.

Have you seen the film Rudi? Picture that.

Thats exactly how it went, mate. Got 30 mins at right back, one glorious last ditch sliding tackle that had the whole sideline pumped… the cunt who I tackled followed through with studs but I let it slide. I also played a wonderful defence splitting pass to our centre forward that again had the side line applauding but the fucker mis controlled it… Other than that I spent the rest of the time hoping the ref would blow it up. All in all, a great success…oh, we won 2-1.

Has the game changed much since you played it last? Was there much of this ticky tacky shite?

The same old shite, just a lot younger faces.

Will you stick with it?

You surely have read a lorry load of scutther about tactics, fluid formations, engaging teams higher up the pitch and the likes with the growth of football hipsterism and the internet since you last stepped on the pitch. Did it change the way you played?