Getting On The Property Ladder vs The Dreaded Commute

An absolute cluster fuck of a thread

cc @anon61878697

Absolutely nowt wrong with timber frame if built right first day

1 Like

Had @bandage bought the house in Wexico in 07 would he be back above water now?

I was talking to a lad the other day who bought a new build in Dublin. Stand alone house but no fireplace. Apparently that’s the way it’s gone now. I suppose fireplaces are a bit archaic in a modern well insulated home and not building a chimney probably saves a nice chunk of dough.
I could count on one hand the amount of times I’ve lit the fire in our gaff in the last three years and it was never for the want of heat, but I wonder would a house be a bit weird without one

A house is only half dressed without one.

2 Likes

+1

A good stove fire just makes a sitting room. You’re at nothing without one. Let the A rated home crew fuck right off.

3 Likes

Mick the muldoon likes to see a fire in the sitting room. A bit like a caveman. Its proper heat so it is

3 Likes

Nothing beats a good fire of a dark winters night. You’d be mad not to.

I can count on one hand amount of times I’ve lit it this week,can’t bate warming the arse in front of an open fire

How’s he going to find out if it was done right first day ?

Get a surveyor to do a detailed (desktop) review.

Impossible

1 Like

No idea. I was making a general comment about timber frames I cant even remember what the opening question was

The only option is to tear it down and start again.

It will degrade far quicker than a traditional built house in Ireland.

Woodburning stoves provide 3 times the heat of an open fire but only use a quarter of the fuel. You’re literally burning money with an open fire.

1 Like

Nope.

2 Likes

1 Like

:smile:

What would £995,000 get you in fingal?
This humble abode has clean beaches on the doorstep, an hour from belfast, derry, inishowen, great golf, great fishing, low crime, no traffic and i reckon they’d take your hand off for 600,000
Jim allister’s probably your political representative though.