Getting On The Property Ladder vs The Dreaded Commute

The benefits of living in a multicultural city is that there is plenty of skilled foreign labour available to do these painting jobs at half the cost and in less time than Paddy the plasterer/painter who names his price knowing he’s the only option around.

“I like to exploit poor people”

1 Like

There is just as many multicultural painters living in the sticks pal where they can have more than 600 sq ft of property and a bitteen of a garden for their families

1 Like

Very pricey. Had to get scaffolding for a few days when I was getting the chimneys done on the homeplace.

lookit, if it keeps them happy…

1 Like

And the lads in the country automating gardening jobs and using robots.

When did you move to Gort?

Assuming I can arrange permanent WFH. I’ll be looking to buy in and around Clare. The ideal would be a show house with minimal work and fitting out required.

Is there a good supply of small wristy craftsmen in the area generally speaking? I assume you can source Polaks from Limerick City?

Plenty eastern European lads working locally, you wouldn’t have to go to Limerick

1 Like

Goddam health and safety.

2 Likes

I wouldnt boast mate, I hear when the walls are too narrow to use a roller it cuts down on costs massively.

This is what lockdown 1 brought for us.

5 Likes

I know exactly.

1 Like

What do you think of this colour? It’s very warm isn’t it?

Ahhhh…ya

6 Likes

Sounds like she exercised coercive control over you.

1 Like

40 shades of pastel

And she’s convinced the one she picked is much nicer than all the rest.

1 Like

I hope that included paint.

Ball park how much would it cost to have a fella paint the outside only of a two story house with some awkward parts requiring scaffolding? €1500-2000?

@Corksfinedtboy be the best man to ask

1 Like