Gigs coming up

Iā€™ve mentioned it here previously. It was a great montage. Itā€™s mad how a great sporting montage can completely colour your view of a song.

I wonder are the band Feeder aware of what this song represents in the minds of tens of millions of obsessive male Irish football supporters who were in their late teens or early 20s in 2002.

A fella I used to work with and would have always thought was a relatively normal square fella is a massive placebo fan. As in fucking massive. He goes away to gigs overseas with other placebo fans, mainly women, leaving his wife and kids at home. Hard to explain how out of character this appears to be when you interact with him on any other matter

2 Likes

What year was the fields of gold one? 99 maybe I think it was cork. The first ones I remember were so macho for hurling and poetry in motion for football in 1986. Tom cashman and Tommy Doyle

Iā€™m kind of regretting getting a ticket to Noel Gallagher now after looking at his setlists, only on stage for 14 songs and an hour and 5 mins most nights

Some rendition of Under the Pressure

1 Like

I thought some of the set a bit samey. A lot of Alt Americana. But would I have paid 49.90 just to have heard that rendition of under the pressure. Yes I would.

2 Likes

Just back from Florence and the Machine. She is the bomb. Just a savage performer. And banger tunes all the way. Amazing

1 Like

Placebo? Does nothing for me.

3 Likes

These lads wouldnā€™t be cool enough for TFK but this is an unbelievable cover from years and years agoā€¦

Spot the RWC winning coach

Thatā€™s a weird one alright. They had one or two decent rock songs from what I saw, but overall Iā€™d say they tended towards emo music for teenage girls more than anything else.

Id say they were only getting going when that cover was done. I donā€™t think Iā€™d know any of their songs but always thought they were like a poppy folk band :person_shrugging:

:thinking:

1 Like

No no, more an angsty emo band masquerading as a heavy rock band I would say.

Really?

That would be my assessment. Think watered down smashing pumpkins.

1 Like

Kraftwerk there tonight in Trinners. Great owl show. Got right up to the front and stood in front of a bass bin and had the sound waves blasting through me for the night. Bliss. Played all the greats, the holy Trinity of Radioactivity, Autobahn and Trans Europe Express but the high point of the evening was surely Tour de France.

11 Likes

Thereā€™s only one of them left now isnā€™t there?

Yes, Ralf.

1 Like

Do you use ear protection for concerts?