Gigs coming up

I wonder whether the apparent rapid rise in live entertainment is a side effect of streaming, whereby musicians can now no longer wrap a couple of decent songs in crap (cc @Copper_pipe) and package it as an overpriced album, and are in fact making sfa from recorded music, a pendulum which has swung too far the other way now.

If you saw it happening at the cinema, youā€™d be rightly annoyed no?So why at a gig should it be different?

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds tonight. I own every single album except the first one, Her to Eternity, which Iā€™ve also heard through a few times. I also sent him a mass card when his son Arthur died a few years ago. Iā€™ve never seen him live. Iā€™m not really expecting that much without Blixa and Mick Harvey. My sister saw him in Scotland a few years ago and she said she was disappointed. However Iā€™m excited to finally honour the great manā€™s art in the flesh, like a proper Bad Seeds fan should once in his life.

4 Likes

cos thereā€™s no bars at the cinema. you dope

But there is. It doesnā€™t sell beer. People get their drink and food before they go in. Why do you think that is?

so they can eat their popcorn before the trailers and feel bad about themselvesā€¦

I donā€™t fucking know why people behave the way they do. I just find life flows better if you donā€™t sweat the small things.

@TheUlteriorMotive will bite your hand off for them

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly the way itā€™s gone nowā€¦

Love this version of Sun Always Shines On TV. HĆ„vik sounds great, and quite fetching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8Vrp2YujOQ

1 Like

I can pop them on for him no hassle. The A-Ha tickets are ā‚¬200 for two standing on done deal. I am happy to take ā‚¬110 for two seated tickets.

1 Like

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy whats our plan for Liam on Friday week? Are you stocked?

Itā€™ll be a great show mate

Anyone with parking suggestions in the vicinity of the venue?

Great stuff. Iā€™m off myself this evening too.

The Good Son is probably the most perfect album youā€™ll get.

In my view.

I donā€™t expect him to play any songs off it. He probably has about 5 or 6 perfect albums in fairness.

This according to the Irish Times:

What will they play?
Nick Cave & the Bad Seedsā€™ setlist at the All Points Festival, London, on Sunday, June 3rd, featured:

Jesus Alone
Magneto
Do You Love Me?
From Her to Eternity
Loverman
Red Right Hand
Come into my Sleep
Into my Arms
Girl in Amber
Where the Wild Roses Grow (with special guest Kylie Minogue)
Jubilee Street
Deanna
Stagger Lee
Push the Sky Away

I would know very little of his new stuff so looks as if Iā€™ll be screwed.

Never mind - Iā€™m sure itā€™ll be good anyway.

It was jammers on Sunday. Sunday normally the more electro day so it was very buzzy, young ones everywhere, massive Qs for toilets and beer, wouldnā€™t be surprised if the place was ruined.

LCD Soundsystem was class last night. Looking forward to nick cave tonight.

@flattythehurdler, absolutely go see the rolling stones.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYnKz-46MvY

1 Like

I am away pal.

Wait til @balbec and @glasagusban read that I am heading to Taylor Swift next week.

1 Like

TayTay is a legend. Enjoy bro. That will be off the hook.

1 Like

I envy you.