Gigs coming up

I know. But what about the gig.

I’m sure she will send you home sweating.

I really hope he plays Midnight Man.

See you there pal

1 Like

Lookit pal, if there weren’t people like you who liked the Four of Us and Taylor Swift, I wouldn’t feel half as good about the music I like. Think about it that way, don’t see it as a negative.

4 Likes

you’ve never been to the stella pal, its living, not existing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks-AOweGuyE

1 Like

Just bought tickets for Snow Patrol in Lisbon too. You’ll feel as good as I feel at that news.

I have A Birthday Party EP Sonnys Burning and I have from Her to Eternity and Kicking Against the Pricks by the Bad Seeds. The latter would be one of my favourite records. I’d be a big Blixa Bargeld fan.

1 Like

Nick Cave tonight was hands down the best concert I’ve ever seen. Utterly compelling.

4 Likes

Wow.

What a cunt.

High praise indeed, unlike @Cicero_Dandi I’d say you’ve been to quite a few decent gigs in your time

Unrale show.

I never take photos at gigs so broke habit of lifetime here

2 Likes

Did it move you?

It was very very good but I would have liked an encore.

The Mercy Seat was the possible highlight. During Into Your Arms a middle aged gay couple beside me turned to each other, hugged and spontaneously wept for the entire duration of the song. One of the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen, TFK homophobes take note.

Ah stop.
Grown ‘men’ crying at a concert.
It takes all kinds I suppose.

Mercy Seat was phenomenal. I felt there was an encore planned but they’d gone over curfew. Crew were still setting stuff up, and next thing started plugging everything out. Load of lads in hi vis came on the stage then.

You’d want to have a Cold heart not to be moved by the stuff from Skeleton Tree. Thankfully he didn’t do that song “I Need You”, as I probably would have ended up shedding a tear myself

1 Like

I got tickets off a mate who was mooting heading early to catch some of Ty Segall in the Tivoli. Given the situation I could hardly say no plus I like Segall of what I know of him.

Patti Smith was excellent I thought. Her version of Land from Horses was the highlight of the Kilmainham for me - the kick into ‘Do you know how to pony like bony maroney’ was immense. Although her constant revolution demands were a bit tired I thought,

Just to say I am more of a fan of the mellow Cave than the swashbuckling one. I thought the start laboured before the incredibly performed Ftom Her to Eternity, I left after Into my Arms which was ok and was gutted to miss the Weeping Song which was played later.

So then off to the Tivoli. I mean this honestly - I have rarely been blown away more at a gig. And when I say ‘blown awst’ I mean sonically by the sheer blast and volume of sounds coming my way. Segall and his band ripped it up. There was quite a young crowd there some doing crowd surfing with minimal security - pretty mental. Without a doubt the best gig of the evening.

What was the story with the bar in Kilmainham? We got an early pint easy but couldn’t get another with the queues. Also I was amazed at the size of crowd that was there. Has Cave developed a more broad following than he had years ago?

1 Like

Heard mixed reports about Ty last night.

You probably missed best part of set after you left.

I would be interested to know how anyone could have not liked Segall.