Gigs coming up

Heā€™s here tomorrow night and again in August.

I saw Liam Gallagher has an auld gig lined up in Musgrave Park - thought it was funny at first, but I suppose itā€™s probably a decent mid-size arena for a gig, with the added bonus that Mr Gallagher wonā€™t disappear into quicksand as he might in other venues down nearer the riverā€¦ Have they had many gigs there before?

Fuck sake.

Real coup for Limerick there. The ā€œNutty Boysā€ are also playing Day Tripper in Waterford .

Ooooffftttt

Steely Dan mustnā€™t have a ticket sold for their 3Arena gig. Itā€™s being advertised morning noon and night on the radio.

Microdisney proper Corkness

Stereolab Vicar Street. June25. Move quickly Stereolab fans. There canā€™t be too many tickets left. I got a ticket just now.

Wow, nice one. There are some good gigs coming this year. Iā€™d like to see Swervedriver or Slowdive come, but doubt they will at this stage.

I only know Emperor Tomato Ketchup, which I like.

Did someone belonging to them die years ago?

Yes the Australian girl. She was knocked off her bike and killed.

@Fagan_ODowd, are you at kamasi Washington?

Just left it now pal. Great show. The jazz cognoscenti have turned on him because heā€™s crossed into the mainstream but that was savage.

2 Likes

Canā€™t wait for this.
Saw them in 05/06 and had tickets for a Cork show in 08 (their last tour I think?) but had to give it a miss as I was laid up in Ennis hospital

Do you have a ticket? Iā€™m likely to have a spare if you are stuck.

I got one the morning they came out, thanks mate though !

I was up in the upper tier, that was class. I was outside after and heard one auld fella say his mates ā€œyeah, it wasnā€™t really jazz was itā€ other fella replied, ā€œno, it was so much moreā€. Fuck the cognoscenti. Out of this world amazing musicians. (Except for the keyboardist actually, way too 70s b movie for me).

I was in the level below you. Thought the keyboards man was fine actually. Iā€™ve always liked the synths. Think he was playing a combination of a Roland keyboard, a Rhodes Piano, a Hammond organ and one other that I couldnā€™t identify. Serious kit anyway. Nothing wrong with 70s B movies either. Loved the James Brown walk on music too.