Gigs coming up

Never meet you’re heroes

It was an enjoyable gig… His voice was a little tetchy at times and some of the shouting was ott. But the second half of the show was pretty good.

Think the tetchy voice was as a result of the shouting.

Vanderlyle at the end :clap:

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 859313, member: 686”]Think the tetchy voice was as a result of the shouting.

Vanderlyle at the end :clap:[/quote]

He was pissed up the night before in Belfast, and was at it last night too… Didn’t help either.

I thought that was a thoroughly enjoyable gig. I often see the negative in these things but I was also impressed by the o2 on my first visit since the revamp. Gutted not to meet KP in the Ferryman.

I thought that was a good gig last night. I was delighted when they played Apartment Story as that hadn’t appeared on the setlist.

I was disappointed that they didn’t play Mistaken For Strangers which would be perfect for a live gig. They played Slow Show from Boxer, while it is a good song, it isn’t great live.

Of course it was also great to see former Sunday Tribune journalists Mick Clifford and Malachy Clerkin in separate company at separate stages of the evening.

@Phil Leotardo made two girls cry at this and they left half way through the gig due to the verbal assault he gave them.

His grievances were (in order) they were from D4, they were drunk, they were from D4, drunk and talking loudly. They were from D4, drunk, and talking loudly during the slower songs.

Phil told them to shut up and a while later one of them said to him ‘you made my friend cry’ - to which Phil said ’ I dont give a bollox, fuck off’

This made the second D4, drunk and talking during slow songs girl also cry.

They both left in a state and missed the second half of the gig.

I can’t but feel for the girls here, the band did take a while to get going which may have led to a few murmurs in the crowd. Phil should have been more understanding but I believe he may also have got some cheers from a few other punters within his vicinity when he told the girls to go and fuck.

[quote=“Mark Renton, post: 859334, member: 1796”]@Phil Leotardo made two girls cry at this and they left half way through the gig due to the verbal assault he gave them.

His grievances were (in order) they were from D4, they were drunk, they were from D4, drunk and talking loudly. They were from D4, drunk, and talking loudly during the slower songs.

Phil told them to shut up and a while later one of them said to him ‘you made my friend cry’ - to which Phil said ’ I dont give a bollox, fuck off’

I can’t but feel for the girls here, the band did take a while to get going which may have led to a few murmurs in the crowd. Phil should have been more understanding but I believe he may also have got some cheers from a few other punters within his vicinity when he told the girls to go and fuck.[/quote]

They were utter cunts so I regret nothing. I actually held back saying anything for about 10 songs. My enjoyment of the gig increased substantially upon their departure.

The National put on a very decent show I thought.

[quote=“Mark Renton, post: 859334, member: 1796”]@Phil Leotardo made two girls cry at this and they left half way through the gig due to the verbal assault he gave them.

I can’t but feel for the girls here, the band did take a while to get going which may have led to a few murmurs in the crowd. Phil should have been more understanding but I believe he may also have got some cheers from a few other punters within his vicinity when he told the girls to go and fuck.[/quote]

That’s worse than the Munster crowd shushing the whole pub for a kick. Phil should be ashamed of himself, the monster.

The Eagles are playing the O2 next June can’t wait they are brilliant live.

[quote=“Phil Leotardo, post: 859343, member: 197”]They were utter cunts so I regret nothing. I actually held back saying anything for about 10 songs. My enjoyment of the gig increased substantially upon their departure.

The National put on a very decent show I thought.[/quote]
How do you like your new pair of shoes?

Was quite disappointed when I saw them in lansdowne a few years back. Fuck all audience interaction

National gig was ok. Crowd was rubbish so no atmosphere

Fuck sake @Bandage

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 859219, member: 686”]I lost all respect for them after 20 minutes with their lack of interaction with the punters… However all respect was restored on the home run.

A good recovery. Probably not suited to a big live audience. My seat was poor too… didnt help.

The Ferryman is full of metrosexual cunts.[/quote]
The Ferryman is an awful cunt of a place. Fucking thick barmen and €5.30 a pint or something like that. The bald head barman in there is some thick fuck and I had a serious row with the fucker one night and haven’t darkened it’s doorway since.

Did he post your facebook page on an internet forum? I’ll do a Kev and say I know the owner and his son personally and they’re alright sorts. It is a dear spot but more power to them milking the Docklands business that is around them.

Huh?

No he’s just a pig ignorant cunt. Ah yeah they’re great for milking people alright.

There seemed to be quite a lot of accountants attending so it was to be expected.