Gigs coming up

Lot of spectators in spectacles

Thick rimmed one’s at that.

You must have been roasting in that North Face jacket… Was pretty humid in there.

Anyone going to see the up and coming “new-wave” combo, The Blades, in December? Bunch of lads from Raytown, I think. I shall be purchasing my ticket this afternoon.

Have you booked your tickets for Jagwar Ma in May, pal?

Anyone lucky enough to be at Pixies on Monday or Tuesday in the Olympia?

A lad from work was drinking with Santiago and Lovering after the Monday gig. He said that they were really sound blokes.

Steve Albini’s band are playing in Whelans tonight. Tickets only on sale on the door in true anti establishment fashion.

Not yet, matey. Twould hardly sell out 7 months in advance would it??

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 863023, member: 24”]Anyone lucky enough to be at Pixies on Monday or Tuesday in the Olympia?
[/quote]

Monday night they played all the classics and was a decent gig but Tuesday night they did none of the classics so alot of the punters were a bit miffed**

The Olympia is a fucking shithole too which never helps.

Gig of week went to the Queens of the Stone Age by all accounts**

[SIZE=3]**3rd party review from young hip work colleagues [/SIZE]

Agree 100%. Unless you get an exact proper standing spot in there you are screwed.

The beer is horrible in there too.

Give me Vicar Street any day of the week.

I don’t mind the Olympia at all. Been to some amazing shows in there. Just get your hole out of Brogans early if you’re standing and get a decent spot or get on and get a decent sitting ticket when they go on sale and you’ll be fine. Possibly the finest gig I’ve ever been to, Sufjan Stevens a few years ago, was in there and it was perfect.

The seats in Vicar Street are shite. Standing-wise, I can see why you’d like it, @farmerinthecity as you’re 7 foot tall but if you’re only a thrawneen like me, it’s hard to see anything unless you’re up the front or along the sides.

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 863292, member: 129”]I don’t mind the Olympia at all. Been to some amazing shows in there. Just get your hole out of Brogans early if you’re standing and get a decent spot or get on and get a decent sitting ticket when they go on sale and you’ll be fine. Possibly the finest gig I’ve ever been to, Sufjan Stevens a few years ago, was in there and it was perfect.

The seats in Vicar Street are shite. Standing-wise, I can see why you’d like it, @farmerinthecity as you’re 7 foot tall but if you’re only a thrawneen like me, it’s hard to see anything unless you’re up the front or along the sides.[/quote]

+1 Following the demise of Tripod, Olympia is the best venue for gigs of that size. Never had a problem with the beer or standing. The upper circle can be a bit uncomfortable but you gets what you pay for.

I always liked the ambassador for gigs

I think I only ever saw two gigs in there. David Gray and Fountains of Wayne. Both pretty good.

I did like it when they used to have emo bands on there in the last decade or so and you’d have all the teenage emos hanging around for hours before the gig, mixing in sharp contrast with the hardshaws who hang around that lovely part of the city.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 863023, member: 24”]Anyone lucky enough to be at Pixies on Monday or Tuesday in the Olympia?
[/quote]

Kim Deal’s replacement is gone now.

[SIZE=6]Pixies’ bassist Kim Shattuck leaves band
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/dec/02/pixies-sack-kim-shattuck[/SIZE]

Pixies doing a gig in the marque next June, tickets on sale tomorrow.

Tickets for Arcade Fire also going on sale tomorrow, Marley Park next June

[quote=“Fran, post: 873190, member: 110”]Pixies doing a gig in the marque next June, tickets on sale tomorrow.

Tickets for Arcade Fire also going on sale tomorrow, Marley Park next June[/quote]
You missed out in the fact that the pixies are supporting arcade fire for the Marley park gig!!! Two tickets secured this morning. Wahey! :slight_smile: :pint:

:eek:

They are still available mate.

I agree with Noel Gallagher and his “shit disco” comment on the new Arcade Fire LP.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 868908, member: 24”]Kim Deal’s replacement is gone now.

[SIZE=6]Pixies’ bassist Kim Shattuck leaves band
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/dec/02/pixies-sack-kim-shattuck[/SIZE][/quote]
Will they follow the example of North Korea and get yet another Kim?