Gigs coming up

Not the first UB40 a lot of them will have seen.

1 Like

I worked in a HMV one Christmas. You are correct. UB40 are big business with the traveller community.

This is hands down the most popular song in the traveller community

But yeah, UB40 are a big hit as well
And MC Pat Flynn

Orbital March

I see forum favourite Dermot Kennedy is playing Thomond next year. Be a nice booster for the local economy. I’m told 2 of the three nights sold out already and only went on sale this morning

Between that and Kasabian, Kraftwerk and Madness all playing the Castle in June (albeit unfortunately not all at the same time) there are a few decent sized gigs lined up for the city already.

Damo is going to be off the chain in vicar st next week. I hope i dont infect the family with covid like i did last year.

5 Likes

@The_Puke

@Big_Dan_Campbell

Vicar Street was some cathedral of joy there last night for Christy Moore.

Played right through for 90 odd minutes with no break.

A raucous rendition of Fairytale of New York to finish.

1 Like

Christy gave a shout out to his brother Barry Moore on his FB the other day. Twas a nice reminder, you cna change your name all you like, but you’ll still be Barry to the family.

I never heard of this fella until a few weeks ago, though subsequently realised I am aware of his music.

Anyway, bit of a crowd gathering on Thomas Street in Limerick at the moment as he will be busking apparently. I suppose it could be worse, it could be Bono and Glen Hansard.

1 Like

He’s a good lad for the busking. Could show up anywhere. Good on him. I suspect it could be useful for him in a few years.

1 Like

First I heard of him was when a pal and her fella were going to his gig. “Paying good money to go listen to that one song, ‘Put Message In The Box’” I said to her. She thought I was joking. I was not.

3 Likes

Not true at all apparently :rofl::rofl: loads of people in there two hours waiting for him

He’s top of the table in Rathcoole’s greatest gifts to the world.

1. Dermot Kennedy
  2. The Poitin Stil
  3. Michelle De Brun

Strong whiskey connections there.

4 Likes

Orbital playing Limerick in March @Fagan_ODowd

I’d imagine they’ll play an indoor show in a better location around Dublin as well

Playing in Dublin as well as I highlighted up the board. They wouldn’t be amongst my very favorites ( their music is a bit too cold for me ) so I’ll be giving them a skip.

Apologies - missed your original post

I’d have similar feelings towards them myself tbh.

Black Country new Road

5th May
Olympia