Gigs coming up

1 Like

Myself and Mrs Barnes went to see The Waterboys in The Iveagh gardens last Friday. They were harmless enough truth be told. Steve Wickham the fiddle player retired a few years ago and they don’t seem to have replaced him. They just don’t sound the same without a fiddle despite the best efforts of the mike scott and the rest of the band.

The iveagh gardens is a great spot for a concert. Easy access, easy to get a beer and no queueing for a piss. Ticks all the boxes for the less committed music fan who likes a live show but isn’t willing to suffer any hardship to attend one.

6 Likes

My brother went to that as well. He was fairly worried given the weather earlier in the day. He enjoyed it.

Was there on Saturday night for Father John Misty, fantastic venue.

4 Likes

Was at same gig
Enjoyable night (apart from drizzle)

1 Like

He put on a great show, good mix of old and new. The rain was a bit of a nuisance alright but the pints were flowing so didn’t bother us too much.

Brilliant place for a gig, come out bang in the centre of town which is great. Sound has brilliant there at the few gigs I’ve been to there as well.

Waterboys without fiddle just seems odd.

1 Like

That post is dripping with middle age inertia

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

Coldplay is turning into a fiasco.

How many concerts can Croker actually hold per year?

Why do gigs that will clearly sell out advertise on the radio?
Why throw money away

Id presume a certain amount of it is the marketing budget and abyway it would ve tax deductsble. You never know, they may be getting some of it back…

2 Likes

You also have situations whereby particular radio stations are media partners and as part of that, they’re providing free adspace so it doesn’t cost the promoters.

1 Like

Imagine putting this on your GAA pitch in the middle of July…in Ireland…

Managed to pick up 2 standing tickets earlier today. I wasn’t that optimistic when I initially got told I was about 29,000 in the queue but I let it tick down in the background and after almost 2 hours I bought them handy enough.

3 Likes

A gent as well.

They broke the mould when they made him.

There’ll be lads mouldy in the crowd at that