Gigs coming up

At The National last night in the point. Enjoyable gig for a largely older crowd. Seemed to alter their tour set list to include a couple of the classics which went down very well

5 Likes

A House in Whelans tonight

If the info from last nights gig, posted on setlist is right should be excellent

1 Like

Seen them live pre-covid. Thought they were pretty poor, and I like their studio albums. The lead singer seemed overly intoxicated and made a few shitty comments to the audience. They could have just been fatigued from touring and had an off-night, but overall a disappointing experience. Great band all the same.

1 Like

New Order tonight, pints in The Palace beforehand, any recommendations for a pub nearer the venue?

7 Likes

I may be at the gig myself. The bottle boy pub as part of the Mayson hotel on North wall quay will do the job. It’s a Press Up spot but they do great Guinness. Better than the other options around the 3 Arena.

2 Likes

Heading into New Order tonight. Herself stone mad for them and I don’t mind them.

3 Likes

New Order were fantastic.

3 Likes

1 of the truly great bands

2 Likes

Saw them at Ally Pally pre Covid and they were great.

1 Like

Going to Luke Combs for my troubles tomorrow night in the point depot. Long haired accomplice likes him, I don’t. Anyone any experience of the premium club there? Food any good compared to Croke Park premium level? Don’t think I’m even gonna get the chance to get food beforehand.

Got a decent beef stroganoff there before

1 Like

Never heard of him.

I wish I didn’t either.

Country music superstar

Ah. My sympathies @Pirlo .

Roaster central.

Some country music is very good.

2 Likes

Each to their own I suppose, I find it painful.

Ya going yourself?

I’m not no.

1 Like