Gigs coming up

Have they played here since Punchestown?

Havent a notion.

Oh they will yeah. Paddy loves an event

Going to see John Francis Flynn in the Theatre Royal in Waterford tonight. We’d pronounce that Tee-Ayter.

Johnny Marr to Athy in the summer. A homecoming for him.

1 Like

He must not be listening to Ewan

if anyone needs the presale code for lizzy mcalpine let me know

This was interesting. Didn’t always hit the spot but when it did it was top class. I’d pay the 23€ just to hear the song that finished the set proper again. He’s an awkward and brooding stage presence but the music is too. He had to contend with a couple of those tiresome clowns who think that a music act has come to town just to engage in a bit of banter with them. Christy Moore was putting these cunts back in their box 40 years ago and they still haven’t got the message.

1 Like

Your pm inbox must be inundated

very busy in fairness

soz to everyone i didnt get a chance to reply to

1 Like

Pearl Jam secured. Havent seen them in nearly 30 years, as a 13 year old (boondall 94 i think @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy?)

2 Likes

I see Journey are playing a big gig in Ireland this year (supported by Cheap Trick), 3 arena I think

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong but I never heard of them growing up, I’d say they were nothing in Ireland until the closing scene of the Sopranos and I still don’t know of another song they were responsible for. In fact if you took the Sopranos out of it Cheap trick would be headlining that bill in the Olympia

1 Like

Rodney Dangerfield introduced me to Journey

1 Like

A few years ago in the Aviva

Journey would have been big on the hair metal scene in Waterford. Departure and Escape would have been lps that were passed around amongst the cohort. Anyway that you want it and Who’s crying now would have been better known songs than Don’t Stop Believing.

1 Like

Don’t Stop Believin is a great song I think. The keyboard intro is magic.

Dream on from Aerosmith is another huge Juke box hit in the US, I love that song but I’ve never heard it on Irish radio

Was it a hit here @Fagan_ODowd

1 Like

I don’t believe so.

Be Good To Yourself, Ask The Lonely and Separate Ways were probably all well known songs back then too for Journey?

Listen to yer man

Who’s gonna update the expert thread?