Gigs coming up

I don’t mean how many they sold. I mean the lack of spare tickets floating around at this stage either anecdotally or informally or on the resale websites like toutless, twickets etc.

I don’t think the rolling stones even sold out croke park. It goes to show what shit taste vast swathes of the country have that it’s Garth Brooks, Coldplay and Oasis that can sell out five nights of croke park. But like you I’m still surprised Coldplay are in that territory.

Its classic TFK to begrudge Coldplay being popular among the masses.

Viva la Vida, Charlie Brown, Fix You and Sky Full of Stars are four all time great songs. And the supporting cast of Yellow, The Scientist etc are very good too.

2 Likes

There’s just something off about them, too much output and clean living maybe. They became a bit ubiquitous. I know fuck all about music but that first album was excellent and I think so was the one with ‘The Scientist’ on it, that was probably the second one.

Hopefully it goes well on the night anyway, from the sounds of it; if a bomb goes off, our whole professional services industry will be wiped out. I’d rather go and see Kylie or Avril Lavigne myself.

I saw them over in Luton on a balmy Summer’s evening back in May.

They have it.

1 Like

Magdalena Bay - Button Factory in November

For anyone who missed out on Oasis…Keith Duffy & Brian McFadden are teaming up as Boyzlife to perform the hits of Boyzone & Westlife. Nationwide dates early in the new year & tickets on sale now.

1 Like

Epic :smile:

Looking forward to hearing the tales of you queuing in the rain to get Mrs bandage tickets, you solo parenting when Mrs bandage goes off to see them twice over a long weekend with the gals and finally when yourself and Mrs bandage go to see them together at Xmas

1 Like

Dressed like that at any gig, like you are in the golf clubhouse, on a yacht, or in the lounge bar, is CUNTISH behaviour. As someone I knew, who dressed like that, went to U2 in Cork years ago and said “they were alright, they didn’t sound like they did on the CD though”.

Get in early and hope the dynamic pricing doesn’t fuck you over

U2 have a virtual concert now in the Sphere in Las Vegas that looks and feels like the band are there but they are not.

You’d imagine that’s the future of music and the entertainment bidniz

1 Like

About quarter of a century after starting to listen to them, I finally see Arab Strap. Great show. Primarily stuff from the two comeback albums but I really liked those records anyway.

Nice bit of banter late on for some song request that Moffat says “ah I fucking hate that song”. Me man in the crowd “I don’t”, “well you’ve obviously got the record, so you can have a wee listen when you get home.” Finishes with “we’ll play ye a sad song because I don’t want ye going home happy.”

Earlier on: “this song is about shagging.” Next song: "this song is also about shagging ".

2 Likes

What was the other band with the song ‘the boy with the Arab strap’? Are they linked to these lads?

Belle and Sebastian. Both Scottish bands. Arab Strap was/is some form of sex toy.

The band came before the song. They’d toured together but I think there was a bit of tension afterwards about them using the name in a song and then album title.

1 Like

That’s a great song.

2 Likes

Listen to this, seriously you’ll love it, if you don’t I’ll be shocked

3 Likes

Did you go to them in Limerick the other night?

Excellent song. Would make a man wistful for his idle youth

This is probably my favourite from them

This one has a mighty opening line

1 Like

IPTES