Gigs coming up

Unreal, unbelievable.

:clap:

Did you really think so? I thought it was alright but a bit pedestrian but then again I’ve seen him loads of times and I hate the venue.

Heat Of The Moment, On The Run, Don’t Look Back In Anger, AKA What a Life, Lock The Doors were all fantastic.

He butchered Fade Away though - really crying out for Liam as was The Mexican.

Ballad of The Mighty Eye and The Masterplan were the best of the night though. Not really a fan of Riverman.

All in all, I preferred Beady back in November 2013. Noel doesn’t have an onstage presence and lacks the oomph you’d get with Liam.

Still thoroughly enjoyed it though. Heat of the Moment would have its place on any Oasis album.

Because they all sound the same?

:rolleyes:

There are two types of people in life, those who get Oasis ans those who don’t get music.

I’ll indulge you here, mate.

What A Life and The Ballad Of The Mighty have the exact same beat and very similar basslines.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1101453, member: 24”]Just reflecting on this gig again.

The most incredible thing about the Gloaming for me is that they are pulling songs from 800 years ago (mainly as Gaelige), playing them and reinterpreting them. Of course Martin Hayes was doing this for years and no one was paying any attention. I feel there is a definite bandwagon element to them.

I went with a mate of mine to it. He was mentioning that they were the Irish Sigur Ros. That is a ridiculous way of looking at it in my view – what these lads are doing (particularly Hayes) is something quintessentially Irish. He has a huge grá for the traditional music that has come from this island of ours and is extremely gifted in playing it. He is without a doubt a national treasure.[/QUOTE]

These lads won the Meteor Choice Prize for Irish album of the year last night. Does that make them too mainstream for you now farmer?!

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 1101650, member: 2533”]
All in all, I preferred Beady back in November 2013. Noel doesn’t have an onstage presence and lacks the oomph you’d get with Liam.

.[/QUOTE]

This. Noel is dialling it in at this stage. ASlways preferred Oasis’ rockier numbers than the slow ones and at least Beady Eye had a bit of balls.

UB40 and Soul II Soul playing the Saturday of Waterford’s Daytripper. I’m on it. The Darkness play the Sunday.

Cassette night in the ODowd household.

[ATTACH=full]2658[/ATTACH]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iQl46-zIcM

Cheers for the heads up @Fagan ODowd :clap:

No bother harry.

While I’m at it. The 1994 singles of the week cassette from the NME. Quite a line up.

[ATTACH=full]2659[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=“Fagan ODowd, post: 1123146, member: 706”]While I’m at it. The 1994 singles of the week cassette from the NME. Quite a line up.

[ATTACH=full]2659[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

That Do You Love Me by Nick Cave is awful shite.

Thanks farmer, I’ll certainly bear that in mind.

Nice trousers @Fagan ODowd

I wasn’t wearing trousers. :eek:

Happy Mondays are coming to do Pills, Thrills and Bellyaches

Ah lovely.

I’ll be at this. Was at their last one in the Olympia, I think about 2 or 3 years ago, and was pleasantly surprised about how tight the band and how good the sound was.