Ra!!

[QUOTE=ā€œfarmerinthecity, post: 1100011, member: 24ā€]The Gloaming

National Concert Hall

:clap:

Up
The
Ra!![/QUOTE]

What a performance. Soul-enriching.

Think that was the album I enjoyed most in 2014. Looking forward to seeing them in the summer (even in a festival setting they should be good).

Going to a gig on my own tomorrow night, anyone ever done this? Is it a bit weird?

Often done it. No problem at all.

It can be if thereā€™s only about 10 other people there, as has happened me a couple of times.

Particularly if the other 9 are related to the act.

Enjoy Noel mate.

I donā€™t mind being on my own.

Confident guys donā€™t.

Virgins like @glasagusban donā€™t have a choice however.

A fortunate coincidence.

When I was in a band we once played a gig to one person. In the old Temple Bar Music Centre, which was quite big.

One of the best gigs I ever saw had an audience of 7 people. The band on stage I think had about 7 or 8, including Owen Pallett, later to do the strings for Funeral by Arcade Fire.

Some bands need better booking agents/promotersā€¦

Off to Julian H on the 18th April in Whelans.

Always worth seeing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-7tcCxO57I

Have you ever gone sailing down the river alone?

[QUOTE=ā€œfarmerinthecity, post: 1100011, member: 24ā€]The Gloaming

National Concert Hall

Up
The
Ra!![/QUOTE]
Just reflecting on this gig again.

The most incredible thing about the Gloaming for me is that they are pulling songs from 800 years ago (mainly as Gaelige), playing them and reinterpreting them. Of course Martin Hayes was doing this for years and no one was paying any attention. I feel there is a definite bandwagon element to them.

I went with a mate of mine to it. He was mentioning that they were the Irish Sigur Ros. That is a ridiculous way of looking at it in my view ā€“ what these lads are doing (particularly Hayes) is something quintessentially Irish. He has a huge grĆ” for the traditional music that has come from this island of ours and is extremely gifted in playing it. He is without a doubt a national treasure.

Iā€™ll be trying to find my way back home.

Last nightā€™s setlist.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/noel-gallaghers-high-flying-birds/2015/odyssey-arena-belfast-northern-ireland-7bcb8e9c.html

Fade Away. :clap:

I hope you find the venue first, unlike @Turenne.

[QUOTE=ā€œfarmerinthecity, post: 1101453, member: 24ā€]Just reflecting on this gig again.

The most incredible thing about the Gloaming for me is that they are pulling songs from 800 years ago (mainly as Gaelige), playing them and reinterpreting them. Of course Martin Hayes was doing this for years and no one was paying any attention. I feel there is a definite bandwagon element to them.

I went with a mate of mine to it. He was mentioning that they were the Irish Sigur Ros. That is a ridiculous way of looking at it in my view ā€“ what these lads are doing (particularly Hayes) is something quintessentially Irish. He has a huge grĆ” for the traditional music that has come from this island of ours and is extremely gifted in playing it. He is without a doubt a national treasure.[/QUOTE]

Thereā€™s a really good balance to them. No real lead, just each adding to the whole. The two violins works really well and the range of sounds out of the piano is impressive.

A lot of it isnā€™t easy music, thereā€™s a lot going on but when it really hits its straps itā€™s mesmeric. The NCH is the best venue for it too imho.