Gigs coming up

Yossarian was the name of the support if I remember correctly.

Anyone who has looked into this Camden Festival care to tell me whats the plan exactly?

Is it Guinness like in that you donā€™t know what bands are playing where or what?

Anyone going to Forbidden Fruit? Was there last year and it was a very decent festival despite the epic fail with the beer.

Was only gonna go the Sunday but I may have to go Monday now aswell as Iā€™d like to hear Real Estate in a big field provided the sun is shining. I hope Mazzy Star wonā€™t be a disappointment.

Going to miss Hauschka/Johann Johannsson/Dustin Oā€™Halloran in the Half-Moon Theatre tomorrow night. :angry:

Wouldnā€™t mind going to Spector on Tuesday night if anyone wants to ask me out on a date.

Ah shit, Iā€™m washing my hair that night Bandage.

Saw Johannson at some arty mini festival in Dublin years ago. It was in some little hall somewhere and myself and my compadre were down the back absolutely scuttered after going boozing after work, trying to stay quiet and attracting much scorn. Wasnā€™t great.

Iā€™d love to go to FF on the Monday, but Iā€™m at a wedding that weekend so I doubt itā€™ll happen. Wilco are a phenomenal live band though, so you never know.

1 Like

Damien Dempsey is playing the Button Factory on October 4th. Iā€™m a fairly recent convert, I think heā€™s absolutely incredible. Got my ticket already. ā‚¬28. New album out the end of September.

Hope to see you there mate.

Excellent, weā€™ll have a pint I hope, Clarkey.

Damien is excellent live, have seen him about half a dozen times and he never disappoints

Watched this the other week and it is class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9Wwg0Y1Sc4

Iā€™m off to see The Saw Doctors tonight :clap:

Damo is playing Vicar Street on December 22nd. I bought my ticket today. I suggest anyone who is a fan follows likewise, gentlemen.

Saw him open for Morrissey years ago, was decent.

The Wedding Present are playing Seamonsters in its entirety on November 2nd in the Button Factory.

:clap:

:pint:

Whelans on November 15th. Anyone else a fan. They were #3 in Pitchforkā€™s Best Albums of 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx55AqjrMj8

[font=Arial][size=3]
Bon Jovi have emerged as the favourites to be announced as the Slane headline act tomorrow morning.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]
Though many music fans had hoped that the Rolling Stones would be headliners for the third time, it seems more likely that the American rockers will be the act to play the venue this summer.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]
Lead singer Jon Bon Jovi is in London for the Pride of Britain awards this evening. There is speculation he could make an appearance at Slane Castle for the announcement tomorrow.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]
Earlier today, the band announced two dates in South Africa as part of their ā€œBecause We Canā€ tour.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]
They have already announced a series of concerts in Canada as part of the world tour and more dates are expected today and in the coming weeks.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]
Their UK tour manager Rob Hallett has said tickets for their forthcoming concerts could be selling for as little as Ā£12.50 (ā‚¬15), in keeping with the recessionary times.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]
This is a stark contrast to Rolling Stones, who have attracted widespread derision for their decision to charge between Ā£106 (ā‚¬131.88) and Ā£406 (ā‚¬505.16) for two 50th anniversary shows in the O2 in London. They will also be playing two shows in Newark, New Jersey, in December.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]
Mr Hallett told the Mirror newspaper that rock groups needed to recognise how difficult things were for ordinary people.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]
ā€œIf we are to survive as an industry we need to move away from the elitist image of high prices and even higher secondary prices.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]
ā€œAfter all, rock and roll always was and always should be the music of the people, and that means everyone.ā€[/size][/font]

Wouldnā€™t see how they could headline Slane. Didnā€™t they have trouble filling the RDS earlier this yearā€¦

Gaelic Grounds are in the market for a concert subject to Planning Permission. Any updates on the planning and any ideas for acts to fill a 50,000 to 60,000 capacity stadium. They are talking in terms of Michael Buble.

Bon Jovi & Michael Buble.

Will ye ever fuck off