Gigs coming up

Didnā€™t see this til now. Iā€™ve no idea but oh boy can he play the drums.

they sold out the garden a couple a weeks ago as did oasis,heard ac/dc were good

Oasis at the garden, canā€™t argue with that, now thereā€™s a night out

Not much to say. I was in work during the day so was relatively sober. We were still drinking for a while when we realised theyā€™d started! We didnā€™t push into the mixer and were on the fringes a bit. I didnā€™t think Shane was in great form to be honest and neither did the other lads but Farmer was impressed. 'Twas pretty much the same set list as was posted up here recently from the Belfast gig. Finished with Fairytale and Fiesta.

they were very good played a lot of the old ones,place was hoppin

These Charming Men in the Button Factory last night, very enjoyable, they played some Morrissey solo stuff which I was happy about.

Then went to see a band called House of Dolls in Crawdaddy, who were well worth the admission as well. 2 gigs in one night, I am some music geek.

Anyone going to Kasabian in November? I got my ticket today.

Whipping Boy Saturday night in the Academy.

Canā€™t wait.

Foster the People, November 28 Olympia. They moved it from The Academy.

Was at that, good show.

Have tickets for Django Django in Crawdaddy, Thursday week. Thatā€™s all Iā€™ve on the horizon. Only festival Iā€™ll do is Forbidden Fruit iā€™d say.

Whatever about the name, tis great to hear ads on the radio for Strawberry Fest 2012. After last years success theyā€™re lifting it up a notch this year with Status Quo headlining the Saturday night and Maverick Sabre the Friday night. That Bressie cunt is playing the Sunday night but weā€™ll allow them one mistake. Hopefully theyā€™ll pick up some of the void left with no Oxegen on this year and turn it into a major local success for the next few years. Was surprised at how professionally run it was last year so hopefully this years will be even better.

Shameless local plug - http://www.2012.strawberryfest.ie/

Status Quo? :strokechin:

Youā€™re in the Army nowā€¦

TR Dallas is in the Gandon Inn, Emo, Laois this Saturday night.

This isnā€™t a gig coming up but considering there is no Gigs 2012 thread yet I thought Iā€™d mention it here.

Went to Magnetic Fields on Saturday night in the Olympia. Very good gig. I only knew about 3 or 4 songs properly and was vaguley familiar with one or two others. Thought it had the potential to be a disaster full of inaccessible crap and overloaded with synths but it was quite the opposite. All very melodic, decent interaction from the band and a good nightā€™s entertainment with Book of Love the unsurprising star of the show. 7/10.

Did you catch the support act Rocko? Any good?

Cant believe I missed this :frowning:

Only a small bit Farmer. Seemed decent enough. Some Anglo-Argentinian experimental rock crowd. But they were far from unlistenable.

Actually, now I know what you were asking. I wonder if there were two support acts because this wasnā€™t the band you were expecting I donā€™t think. Unless the above matches your expectation.

They have a Spanish name I think. They were on directly before The Magnetic Fields.

I was listening to that Get Lost album from the Magnetic Fields over the weekend. Some terrific tunes on there. I think it got 12 out of 12 in Hot Press back in the day. Kind of regret not going to the gig now - sounded good.