Gigs coming up

Twice, and with very good line-ups. Arcade Fire was one of the best gigs I was ever atā€¦ I havenā€™t been in 5 years iā€™d say.

Saw them at Marley Park when Pixies were playing support and Black Francisā€™s guitar packed in. An incredible gig. I prefer Arcade Fires older stuff though.

This was their first ever gig in Ireland the year they were just breaking as a band - Unrealā€¦ tent over crowded, crowd well up for it, the band knocked it out of the parkā€¦ I remember coming out of the tent and taking off my tshirt and squeezing at least a pint of sweat out of it.

1 Like

I have tickets for this but thatā€™s a brutal line up

Getting out of the place was a nightmare but everyone was buzzing after it.
The lightwork was incredible.

Darkness falling over Dublin, crowd in a state of delerium and baying out for more, they giving it by belting out Rebellion. Crys of ā€œevery time you close your eyesā€ bellowing in the night. I was witnessing something a bit special

They usually add a few moreā€¦

1 Like

They donā€™t usually change the headliners.

1 Like

True datā€¦ Youā€™ll have no problem recouping your money if you wish to go down that road.

Tickets exchanging hands the week of the event last year for well below asking price.

Wandered into that myself. Was never overly fond of Arcade Fire but they were on (ahem) fire that Saturday afternoon. Kraftwerk that night were great in the tent. Some mugs I knew went to see Flaming Lips do their then annual festival appearance instead of the Werk.

I donā€™t think I could get bored enough of the Flaming Lips to pass them up for Kraftwerk. Nothing against Kraftwerk.

I was led to believe Eminem would headline one night.
Never seen interpol, Iā€™d enjoy that.

Thatā€™s a very disappointing line up. Milking the shit out of it now. Iā€™ll still go though I imagine.

Interpol twice cancelled gigs in Limerick back around 2003 direction. Was never fond of them after that.

Sure with fellas like yourself going regardless itā€™s a wonder they donā€™t just play a youtube playlist on the big screen.

1 Like

It didnā€™t pack it in, the cunts plugged it out to get them off the stage.

On the EP line up, God is love to see A Tribe Called Quest. Theyā€™ll surely have another few gigs this side of the world so Iā€™ll have to look into that.

Weird they would do that in the middle of Monkey gone to Heaven but anywayā€¦

I wonā€™t pay for my ticket though. Itā€™s a savage couple of days to dip in and out of if you donā€™t give a shit.

I suppose thereā€™s a lot of vending machines to be filled in fairness.

3 Likes

Juhniallo will like that, he loves a tap in.

1 Like

Yeah I got to shit and piss all over the kip that is Laois.

Same ding dong every March with the EP line up. Mass moaning over a shite lineup. Plenty more acts to still be announced.

EP has always been about the middle acts anyway. The gigs in the tents like The War on Drugs in 15, Arcade Fire in 05, Kraftwerk, OMD, mogwai, Jack Garret, Julio Bashmore, the flaming lips, Wolf parade etc.

For ā‚¬160 early bird it can still be decent value and good craic (when the weather is daycent)