Gigs coming up

Was at the Elbow gig in the Marquee last evening. Excellent set, great mix of songs from the new album and from their back catalogue. Decent crowd there too.

I turned down tickets about 6pm - Had a feeling you’d be there and I didn’t want to get into a heated debate about the starting 15 for the first test.

1 Like

Did you get sorted for Future Islands?

No.

They werare absolutely brilliant.

On another note, I hate the three arena. A horrible corporate soulless place lacking any sort of authenticity that detracts from performances.

Yeah. I haven’t been to many shows there but wouldn’t be my kind of place.

We got a nice spot near enough front and the sound was spot on.

The amount of idiots filming songs in front of me was annoying. If you paid that much for a gig, why not experience it through your own eyes as opposed to through a camera screen?

The jacks on the bus was broke for the way home !

I’m going to that too. Just a heads up like…

What would you prefer?

It is a modern comfortable venue with decent acoustics and reasonably sized.

I preferred the old Point Depot.

You were never at a gig there so… sound was way off.

I was at many. Sound can be fixed.

It cannot, it is a wave

1 Like

WTF is wrong with people, sums up an awful lot of the fuckups that social media has created, they’ll always have the memories in their phone of the event that they never saw in the first place.

It’s incredible. They miss most of the gig recording shite quality video they’ll never watch. People are the worst.

There is generally an inverse relationship between comfort and atmosphere at sporting and music venues.

1 Like

Sitting down does not help an atmosphere. I would agree with that.

Teenage gigs will always be remembered more fondly. In truth it was a really sub standard venue.

The SFX was where it was at.

4 Likes

Agreed, they should bring back timber seating in all GAA venues

On the plus side, nobody has to bother attending live music shows anymore as you can just watch them through the camera phone lenses of the people who are there.

You also don’t have to deal with the annoyance of standing in the middle of hundreds or thousands of people holding up these camera phones, or the inconvenience of paying for a ticket, or the inconvenience of queueing up to buy overpriced alcohol.

F**K that. The sound at the old Point Depot was woeful. You’d be standing 5 rows from the stage and you wouldn’t even have to raise your voice to speak to the person next to you when a band were in full flow.

The new Point maybe a little soulless but the sound there is usually superb. If you get a good spot near-ish the stage and away the from clowns who never shut up chatting during a gig then it’s as good as anywhere.

2 Likes