Gigs coming up

Will ye be staying below?
A cracking day for to be down in that neck of the woods, let alone for a gig. Should be savage.

I’m out on the balcony listening to Erasure across in the Aviva warming up for Robbie Williams.

Does anyone have Coldplay tickets to sell me? I’ve a new found love of Coldplay - they’re fantastic.

Listening to Robbie Williams here. What an entertainer. What an artist.

2 Likes

Coldplay are shit mate and haven’t had a decent song since 2002. Understandable why you would like them though.

1 Like

I’d say they’re fantastic live mate.

The Kaleidoscope EP is a real sign of a band at height of their powers - I hope some of it makes the set list for Croke Park
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KnLNG0WnGsI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7atDQreame4

Robbie’s last 3 songs have been Sweet Caroline, Hey Jude and that Joe Dolan one…oh me oh my, you make me sigh, you’re such a good looking woman.

1 Like

Two classics, shame about the middle one

1 Like

Unreal fireworks display over Dublin during Angels. This has been one of the best concerts ever. Ah, he’s back on for a third encore.

With Cork on such a roll it’s probably appropriate to get the long awaited verdict on our treasured songsmith?

I missed him. By time i got down there, found parking and checked into accommodation it was 5pm. Then went for dinner. Spillane was on from 4.30-6pm. I was talking to someone who saw him and said he was very good. Duke Special were on when i walked in. They were utter shit and bored the place to tears. We ended up walking out and into a pub instead which was wedged and had a great atmosphere with live music, bohrans and the likes. We went back into the folk festival then later in the night and saw Altan who were serviceable. We went upstairs to the second stage though from around 11pm until midnight or so and i thought the best music of the night was Wallis Bird particularly who finished out the night and also ‘the 4 of us’ before her were decent too. Though i was, as promised, pissed by that stage so my judgement may be in question. Were you there @Raylan?

:clap:

@Locke how was Jenni Greene gig. I saw a few clips of it just there and it looked like decent craic if you were pissed. Always wanted to go to BBC orchestra version

Really good. Place was packed, really buzzin. She’s on again tonight, would recommend it.

Not sure if Gemma Sugrue is good looking or rough.

1 Like

Ah you’d have to in fairness

She’s fantastic. A fine woman all there.

1 Like

I’ve seen her a few times now, she’s tall and has a great rack in fairness.

I didn’t make it back up, had a few things to sort out ahead of a championship match this evening.
We got beaten so I might hit for Doolin rather than go through the post-mortem shite

Thought Radiohead sounded great tonight. Was happy to hear ‘Let Down’ as it rarely featured in live sets until recently

Someone posted the set list online

1 Like

Played the opening first four in Berkeley back in Apil, looks like that’s the standard opening. Nice touch finishing with How to Disappear for the locals.

1 Like