Giving to Charity

That charity navigator is a great tool. No equivalent here.

Where was his oul’ fella? No chance he was in this neck of the woods……Asking for Scalder…:wink:

1 Like

Middlesbrough iirc. Maybe scalder would travel?

Too far - out of the question. Longford has been his furthest foray this 20 years.

Christ

Late charity chief allegedly assaulted men for whom he secured housing (via @IrishTimes) Late charity chief allegedly assaulted men for whom he secured housing

It’s a shocking case. Prime Time went into more specifics on it earlier. It’s alleged he told the men (either homeless or threatened with homelessness) he could speak to them about their situations after office hours in his house and ordered the taxis to collect them and bring them over. He’d then give them a spiked drink and rape them. This guy was very high profile obviously and was all over traditional and social media for years advocating for homeless services etc etc. It seems he was an utter scumbag using this as cover.

1 Like

I didn’t realise it had been covered on Prime Time. Those details are even worse again. He still had an awful lot of people fighting his corner in the weeks after his death. I assume they’ve gone quiet now.

Some think he’s part of a smear campaign :see_no_evil:

have bohs removed the sponsor

Public funding, wealthy tax dodging philanthropist add in Bono to the mix. Ireland never fails to amaze with the levels of misappropriation of funds

This programme has been a massive success in Limerick.

1 Like

Music Gemeration, it’s an incredible programme :+1:

It’s been a big success and worked really well by all accounts. U2 money was money at start that demonstrated it could work and state money came later.

1 Like

I’d know a good few of the crew working with them. It’s a brilliant programme.

I assume the issues have nothing to do with U2. Sounds like it is a great initiative. It appears there is unfortunately people within the organisation who are getting greedy

The total for the Tour de Munster fundraising is in. In the 11 years I’ve done this event the total is usually around the €250k mark, one year we got up over the €300k, phenomenal amounts. The 2021 edition raised €522k! UNRALE. Thanks again to all who donated, yer a great bunch of lads.

12 Likes

In fairness locke old chap, it’s a hell of lot easier to revolut over a few quid than it is to cycle a couple of hundred clicks through some of the greatest shitholes in ireland.

Fair play to you and your band of lycra clad weirdos,/heroes

2 Likes

Ah in fairness you’re in and out of Tipp Town in no time

A lovely little Christmas e-card from the official TFK charity partners today

Hail hail @RaymondCrotty

8 Likes

got mine too, fair play to ray. @Locke would want to up his game!

3 Likes