Giving to Charity

Correct, but Kev would put it in the category of another pharma conspiracy. Cancer is so insidious and difficult to treat because our immune system doesn’t recognize malignant cells and regards them as healthy. Reprogramming our immune cells is absolutely the correct approach and we can now do it due to, strangely enough, cancer research.

1 Like

Kelly and his Mrs have gone missing. I wonder if there will be a facebook campaign to find them. :slight_smile:

I don’t believe that at all.

I believe we have to live our lives differently.

I never did. Typical nonsense from you. Just throwing out some random shit away from the conversation.

Todays conversation is on Console and other irish charities, i gave evidence of other corruption.

My whole problem is with Ireland and greedy cronyism which envelops every part of our existence. Charity is the same and maybe the ugliest of it.

Cancer research is not the problem in having it happen, although there has been many false dawns and incredible lies over the years. Its the fact that they ask ordinary people to pay for it and its not funded by states or the rich who profit from running people into the ground and creating the cancers. Its not a cooincidence cancer is class weighted.

The ideas of today were laughed at 15-20 years ago, and that cycle continues as leaderships and science makes mistake after mistake.

There is a good chance cancer will just go away over time as humans adapt to the ridiculous demands of modern life, our intelligent biological systems will figure it all out.

What cancer. Its not just one thing. Its multi factorial and layered

“Led by globally influential artists, educators, students and community advocates”

Lol

Backers include Jeff Bezos of Amazon, the Glucksmann family and Limerick county council

And PJ

Cancer has been discovered in dinosaur bones and is found in every multi cellular species on the planet. If it hasn’t “gone away on its own” in 600 million years, its unlikely to do so anytime soon because we would like it to. Like any other disease it will only go away when we figure out how to stop it. Those knocking cancer research like yourself should talk to the parents of the 75% of kids who are cured today (was 25% a generation ago), or the 96% of men who are cured of testicular cancer (was 70% a few decades ago).

There is no such thing as “intelligence in biological systems” in terms of our understanding and use of the term intelligent. Biological systems “care” about one thing, surviving long enough to procreate. There is nothing special either about human biological systems, genetically we are over 95% similar to other apes, over 80% similar to a dog, 75% to a mouse and 60% to a fly. You may as well say a fly’s intelligent biological system will figure it all out.

Of course environment is a factor in triggering mutations and cancers, smoking the most obvious. The incidence of cancer has gone up due to the western lifestyle, no question about that. The biggest risk factor though is age, people are living longer so statistically they are more likely to develop cancerous mutations, so paradoxically by living a healthy life you are likely to live longer but also more likely to develop cancer.

The only hope we have of curing cancer is genetic engineering, either programming cells to not reproduce mutated cells, or programming immune cells to attack malignant cells. That will be done using science, not mumbo jumbo.

Dreadful nonsense.
People like you are the reason the world is the way it is today. Blinded fools.

1 Like

They have not cured cancers, they got better at detecting them earlier.

I’m not against any research, i believe in science and i am studying a Bsc and will probably go on to academia. But i’m not a sheep either and would actively discourage people from giving money to cancer research. Its mental, getting the poor and working class (because they are the biggest contributors) to contribute to paying for the science for the governments who refuse to and cosy in to big business to allow them to call the shots.

And “science” as its percieved or i suppose hard science, is not the be all and end all and is always only one part of the equation to any answers. Its just many scientists atruggle with things that need a different type of explaining other than some spread sheets and results.

you might stumble across a cure for it yourself some day.

Pretty sure i have the controllable answers already. Unfortunately i am not sure i can control everything that is reslonsible for all cancers.

No, it’s slow and steady progress in detection and treatment, some leading to cures. Thankfully childhood leukemia has virtually been eliminated. It may be that all cancers will never be eliminated, but the progress made will be based on science, and not mumbo jumbo from charlatans and snake oil salesmen.

Pretty much everything you claim is absolute garbage. The US government is contributing $5.21B to the NCI this year, that’s $5,210,000,000. I agree people need to be careful regarding charities, there are some fraudulent ones, many inefficient ones, but many many excellent ones. These days its easy to do the research before contributing to anything.

Hopefully by the time you graduate (and good luck, its hard work) you will have learned what science is and isn’t, because you certainly have no clue now.

It’s a tricky one alright, can you control everything responsible for all cancers? I’m leaning the same way as you - I just have this nagging feeling that you can’t cure all cancers despite your extensive network of contacts and your strength and conditioning and leafleting background.

10 Likes

Kev must have think you were drinking used engine oil a few years ago, Rocko.

No i think you have only one narrow view of how we reach answers.
There is no oilsnakesmen, no mumbo jumbo.

You sound just like the physios who do a bit of dry needling but dismiss acupuncture as quakery. We know better because we did a science degree. Despite the fact that many modern “alternative” practioners have multiple degrees in western practice and medicine as well.

This really rattles some of the otger medical professionals and scientists, when “their own” are taking another view.

You can control yourself. Not over working, exercising, maintaining your hierarchy of needs, having a good Biopsychosicial balance, eating loads of root vegtables and avoiding as much procesed food as possible.

What we cannot control is what might be in my water due to living near Pfizers, J&J and everything else near the ringaskiddy delta. I cannot control what maybe electricity lines are doing, if anything, or indeed smog.

The world is full of charlatans and snake oil salesmen, in every walk of life not just science. Like yourself making claims with not a shred of evidence to back it up. There’s a reason eventually all of them are exposed and the worst of them rightfully in prison.

Acuapuncture avails of the placebo effect, nothing more nothing less. Show me a properly controlled study where it cured anything.

2 Likes

The abuse meted out to outside the box thinkers, like Kev, on this forum is ridiculous.

2 Likes