Giving to Charity

Do you have any hypothetical stories about a charity completely unrelated to the Niall Mellon one?

I certainly didn’t link but at least Fiachra got up off his hole and did something. This thing of trying to justify to yourself why you wont bother to do something to help other people and actually taking the moral high ground over a lad who did, whatever the fuck his name is or what accent he has, is the height of self regarding bullshitting.

So if my money isn’t wasted on overheads its pissed into the wind. Great argument not to give money to charity. I give money to small charitys like buy the Link a Taxi home etc. but thats it. VdeP, Goal etc can fuck off. John O’Shea sickens my shit.

I’ve worked many a building site, and I know where a Fiachra would be told to go very fucking quickly. Idiots.

Ah lovely.

That would be more likely.

Nah, it’d be spot on imo.

“I’ve worked many a building site, and I know where a Fiachra would be told to go very fucking quickly. Idiots.”

I think you should separate your regular building site with the Niall Mellon thing mbb, completely different.

I have to agree with goal here. I’m an admirer of anyone who goes and takes time to help out, no matter what the skill level.

You’re obviously very fond of yourself so there’s little talking to ya.

Perhaps, makes them no less mongs in my eyes.

You realise there’s no one making you right?

what?

+1

Lads trying real hard to convince themselves it’s ok to do nothing.

I contribute once a month to a charity through a DD and have been for a long time, thanks for setting up this thread as it just reminded me about cancelling the DD.

Never said I do nothing Rocko. I just don’t believe in Mellon or shite like that. I think its obvious I’ve been involved in VdeP in the past from my utterings.

I know a blocklayer who got hugely involved with one of these build houses for the poor charities,threw himself into it headlong and was hugely dedicated to the cause,featured in documentaries on tv and everything,this big builder fella who was involved with the charity and the blocklayer got very friendly and worked together closely on a day to day basis regarding housebuilding,the big builder fella is reported to have cought the dedicated blocklayer for something in the region of 80 grand for unpaid work,as you can imagine hes less than happy about this,havent heard any more about it since but apparently there was little chance of being paid according to local gossip.THe whole thing isnt going to end amicably,its a pity cos they were great buddies.

It is ok to do nothing. You proposing everyone be forced give money to ‘charity’?

If they paid themselves the average industrial wage ala Comrade Higgins then these do gooders would have more support. John O’Shea is a wealthy man from running a tax free business sorry charity.

There are many decent charities to be fair but the term charity gets abused quite a bit from those who profit from it.

Just remember lads you cannot make a difference

I give money to directly to needy projects as Julio suggested.
I give the fellow in the lane off cruises street a few euros everyday so he can go buy some heroin.

:clap:

You are also indirectly helping a number of unfortunates back along the supply chain.

Sometimes when i’m collecting a few grammes of coke i’ll take a vial as well for the lads outside the dealers appartment, why should i be the only one to get high?

:clap:

I consider my few euros as a little stimulus package to help the drug industry get back on it’s feet in these difficult times.

Hey, as long as the druggies are high, and the dealers are rich, crime will stay down. We are giving to Ireland runt, to Ireland.

While we’re on the subject legalize and tax. Bish bash biffo recession over.

Abortions for all. (booooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh)
Abortions for nobody. (booooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
Abortions for some, minature American Flags for everybody.