Giving to Charity

Now McMahons FYI.

I was in the Roost later on. Grand for a while but a bit of a shouldering fest as the night went on.

Sorry mate - @caoimhaoin says differently about Greenland.

1 Like

Have you thought about some kind of link between schools back in Ireland and schools in Cambodia - kind of like schools here can adopt a school in Cambodia - The children in both countries get to learn about the culture of the other - almost like a class pen pal system - and the schools in Ireland that take part in the project can set a target goal - like €1000 and they get to come up ways to raise it - bake sales - car wash etc etc… of course the money goes through your organization with the aim of improving teaching in said school. The O’Irish are very good at responding to things like that - particularly the middle class O’Irish.

2 Likes

Hi yes we have links with schools in Ireland and I’m heavily involved with video below. Raising funds is challenging though as relying on goodwill of others and very few people in Ireland have a connection with Cambodia. That’s why support here on tfk is so terrific.
https://youtu.be/2PX4H2E0UAM

1 Like

Total now donated by TFK members is €1275. Grand total is €1840 and hoping we can reach our target. Lots of shares on social media but many traction appears to have come from TFK. Was showing colleagues in work the website today. They were confused by the site but astounded at how posters in Ireland and elsewhere had taken the trouble to donate to an NGO a guy on the internet works for.

1 Like

Some here are also confused id say :rofl:

6 Likes

We’re a community onto ourselves…

https://goo.gl/images/XjBKY1

1 Like

Have any of them any clean gambling accounts they’d be willing to sell on??

5 Likes

No offence @RaymondCrotty, but has anyone else had their card blocked since making a contribution? Some sweep of attempted transactions on my account over the last few days, this was the last unusual activity per se…

HI @Raylan. Thanks very much for your support. Greatly appreciated. This is first case that I am aware of so not sure if related. Has anyone else had a problem?

As of the morning of 13th of December TFK has contributed €1405.

This equates to:

• Children from 14 families in Cambodia will attend school regularly. Theses families learn less than €1.75 a day. They will get €50 per year if their children have an attendance greater than 90%. TFK contribution=€700

• 207 Quality Teaching lessons for children in grades 1 to 3. TFK contribution=€705

6 Likes

That appears to be GGA goals

6 Likes

There’s no flies on you as always mate

You’re quick, smithers.

I shall rectify that next time for you.

1 Like

I am considering donating but need some clarification first. Your initial post outlining the need for your charity comes across as a little iffy in relation to the Khmer Rouge . I’d like some assurances that you don’t disagree with the noble intentions of pol pot, albeit you take issue with some of his methodology.
Also stance vis a vis the rnli would need to be clarified, they appear to have educated very few Cambodians lately.

4 Likes

Rolleyes

try hard alert.

Pol Pot has 90% of teachers killed, :fearful:

Is there any chance we could adopt a few of these kids as a forum @RaymondCrotty? If we raise a grand could we give them a new name or something? We could name them after fotf or coty winners? I for one would donate more if I knew there was a little Angela Kerins or a Bayan over there we were helping.