Giving to Charity

This is the only way to handle charity in this country at this point. Utter gangsters at the heads of them all

4 Likes

During the Presidential debate she said one of her key policies was mindfulness classes for homeless people. No-one laughed at her and I knew Ireland was done.

5 Likes

They’ve been robin us blind. Etc.

9 Likes

They never saw that one coming

1 Like

youd think that the charities regulator would be watching them like a hawk

1 Like

Nice little nest egg for someone

2 Likes

That’s charity. Giving of your time. There was an ad in the papers here a while back of some London banker offering to pay an hourly rate for someone to bring his oul fella for a couple of pints of an evening.

1 Like

That charity navigator is a great tool. No equivalent here.

Where was his oul’ fella? No chance he was in this neck of the woods……Asking for Scalder…:wink:

1 Like

Middlesbrough iirc. Maybe scalder would travel?

Too far - out of the question. Longford has been his furthest foray this 20 years.

Christ

Late charity chief allegedly assaulted men for whom he secured housing (via @IrishTimes) Late charity chief allegedly assaulted men for whom he secured housing

It’s a shocking case. Prime Time went into more specifics on it earlier. It’s alleged he told the men (either homeless or threatened with homelessness) he could speak to them about their situations after office hours in his house and ordered the taxis to collect them and bring them over. He’d then give them a spiked drink and rape them. This guy was very high profile obviously and was all over traditional and social media for years advocating for homeless services etc etc. It seems he was an utter scumbag using this as cover.

1 Like

I didn’t realise it had been covered on Prime Time. Those details are even worse again. He still had an awful lot of people fighting his corner in the weeks after his death. I assume they’ve gone quiet now.

Some think he’s part of a smear campaign :see_no_evil:

have bohs removed the sponsor

Public funding, wealthy tax dodging philanthropist add in Bono to the mix. Ireland never fails to amaze with the levels of misappropriation of funds

This programme has been a massive success in Limerick.

1 Like

Music Gemeration, it’s an incredible programme :+1: