Giving to Charity

https://twitter.com/jackpowerit/status/1729075602286674422?s=46&t=hy6wc4bLZMiyfotc20UniQ

I fucking hate that ad, now we Donacha getting in on the act as well.

Please read below lads. Doesnt even require donating cash. Savage cause. Kid across the road from us has a very tough condition and gets amazing support from them.
Please fill it out with your kids.

This is a nice thing for the kids & to raise funds for The Jack and Jill Foundation.
Glenveagh homes has launched a North Portal for children to unlock to make sure Santa can get in to their house to drop the presents if there’s no chimney in the house.

It’s a cute little gimmick for the kids, and they can print out a cert afterwards. Most importantly, for every person who uses it, Glenveagh will donate a euro up to a value of €50K which would be a massive boost for our fundraising. If you have two mins with the kids would you mind going on to www.thenorthportal.ie and using it?

1 Like

Done (x4) pal.

If you use incognito tab, it doesn’t register you’ve done it already :wink:

1 Like

Why can’t we have nice things

The relationship between O’Neills and the GAA is definitely worthy of a closer look…

1 Like

I found that absolutely bizarre when sourcing club kit.

It’s more lax in the club scene around who can make the kits. Also with Camogie and the LGFA. But am I right in saying that Leitrim and Armagh are the only two mens intercounty teams that don’t use O’Neills kit?

It is now, but until fairly recently it was pretty much mandated.

Its been relaxed for the best part of 25 years or more.

There was one rival to o Neill’s who then stopped making kit. For some bizarre reason, a GAA logo was/is mandatory on club kit, pretty much ensuring you had to use o Neill’s albeit there’s a couple more manufacturers now. Sourcing from elsewhere wasn’t really an option
When the sole purpose of team kit is to differentiate the teams, the logo thing was/is very odd at club level.

I would qualify that by saying that O Neill’s do make really good kit.

Azzurri are still making kit I believe. There was a lock on it up until the late 90s, but its certainly opened up since then and has never been more open. Saying that, O’Neills were rarely touched for quality or durability up until lately. There was also merit to keeping it in Ireland, especially when you hear how many companies around Ireland just send the orders to Asia. At least O’Neills have factories in Ireland and leading to Irish jobs.

Don’t disagree.

Waterford are still Azzurri unless they changed very recently.

Nah man

https://www.waterfordgaa.ie/

I meant they didnt change man.

Can anyone tell me where Cycle Against Suicides money goes to? I’ve my suspicions but not sure where to find where the money goes.

Hard to see how a few quid will help, but…