Golf Thread

I got my putter regripped. Got a super stroke fat grip. I won’t try and explain the ‘science’ behind it (or what was explained to me) but it is a gamechanger

1 Like

Makes perfect sense, takes your hands and wrists out of it. But can mess up feel is all.

2 Likes

I thought it would mess the feel completely but so far so good

1 Like

I break my wrists on putts

We were lucky as it was as calm the day we played it, 45 notes. Ya the back 9 were something else. I was crippled with all the hills

1 Like

Yeah if your knee was in a bad way you’d feel it. I’ve never been more wrecked coming in off the course, bad enough scrambling up dunes looking for balls, the walk is enough. It’s a work out.

Do you carry a bag or push?

We were playing Doonbeg to finish off Winter series final last week. We were playing off back tees and wind was up. There were some ashen looking faces strolling in off the 18th. I must have lost 7 or 8 golf balls and didnt even finish out 5 or 6 holes.

That 3 course challenge might be the social media links thing that we normally enter. We played in it one year in Carne and Enniscrone and Co Sligo. Great fun. It’s better drive and you play your own ball from there. It speeds things up as you’re not looking for errant drives. We were meant to be playing up there again in August but cant for a host of reasons. Carne is special though. Love going back there. They would give you the 27 holes for 60 quid.

3 Likes

Push

Carrying is much easier on hilly courses. Unless you have an electric jobby, in which case quit ya bitchin

I have a trolley bag

DJ has withdrawn from the 3M with a back injury. Shot +7 (78) today

Tried this too. Make the putter to heavy and made distance control terrible. Also found I was all elbows and wrists because of the grip.

Gone back to narrow grip with a shorter shaft & seems to be far better for me.

My irons are killing me. A lesson badly needed.

It’s supposed to do the opposite I think… Almost lock your wrists and force you into the pendelum…

But its whatever works I guess

I use a hybrid 3 iron for anything that I can’t reach Green with… Pretty foolproof to hit IMO… From 100 in though jesus it’s posion

1 Like

Played Dundrum yesterday, an uncle invited us. An abomination of a course, in fact it is a 12 hope golf course with a pair of novelty 3 hole crazy golf mini-courses added at each end.

The main 12 is a decent course, I would not mind playing the 12 and another 6 from that 12

Is it the few holes across the road that got you? Think the first one is a right angle of dog leg left par 4. There is a par 3 with a sliver of a green before it with large drop offs and its preceeded by a long par 5 over water again. Played it a few times.it doesn’t particularly suit my eye either but there are some strong holes.

Yes. And the run up and down slievenamon at the far side.

Push the ball back in your stance mate. Anytime my irons go skew whiff its because the ball creeps up to my left foot unawares

1 Like

It would be considered by most as one of the best around.

1 Like