Golf Thread

Bryson having a meltdown here. Jack Nicklaus can hardly conceal his delight.

What’s he done?

Hit 2 balls our of bounds. Attempted same shot a 3rd time and a tree saved him from OOB for a third time. Could have a 10 here on this par 5. Shades of tin cup.

Off the tee?

No 2nd shot. Hes crying now and talking about how Phil Mickelson once hit a shot from other side of an OOB fence in the Arnold Palmer to a 2nd ruled official. He really is some cunt.

What’s Bantry golf club like?

Parknasilla?

Sorry. I’m well out. Never played Bantry.

Bantry Bay? Tricky enough spot. Tight. Decent views from a lot of the holes. The day I played it the views were wasted on me such was the dirt I played

There are two far better courses in Kenmare GC and Ring of Kerry (also in Kenmare). About 45 mins from Bantry. Don’t know how they would compare pricewise

Kenmare is a kip, it’d be alright if you were a mountain goat

1 Like

Yes Bantry Bay. I’m staying a few days in Glengarriff in September and hoping to get in a few holes. There’s a nine hole in Glengarriff that would be a cheap option. But ne’er a Par 5 on it. More like a pitch and putt course.

Bantry Bay looking for 45 euro for a round midweek in September. Thought that was saucy enough. Hopefully there might be an open competition on.

1 Like

Ring them you’ll get it for 30

1 Like

A monster

How did ya get on, I’m happy as a pig in shit. Just home from hospital… We take the small things or granted… Did ya play the same rou d as I did?

3 Likes

Yeah we did, the dunes. even though the watch and that rangefinding app couldn’t figure out which course so had to eyeball it around. I played enniscrone on Sunday, it was tough, but I got two birdies and a good few pars and thought not too bad. I stuck the ball way better today but didn’t do nearly as well. it nearly killed me going around. I didn’t get 30 points. One problem I had was the greens were lightning in enniscrone but were half the pace today so I left putt after putt a foot or two short. Serious course, there isn’t a boring hole in it, longish in parts, very tight in others but similar to enniscrone if I played it again and knew where I was going I’d do a way better job.

It was empty though, they can’t be making money, or breaking even.

2 Likes

How much did ye pay? I’ve played enniscrone is Carne better

60 for GUI members. Which I amnt this year but I borrowed a card, but I’d say you could ring them and get a better rate. It’s way harder than enniscrone, there’s a few handy enough holes in enniscrone 5-9 especially that you’d find in any course but there’s nothing easy really in carne and the rough was brutal, no chance out of it or even finding your ball, it was playable in enniscrone. It doesn’t have enniscrones few domed greens that you can run off easily but Carnes greens have some crazy slopes and mounds. hard but not unfair. If I played it again I’d be confident of playing nearer handicap.

1 Like

It looks class. There is some three course challenge on there soon and few lads were looking for takers. But I have too few brownie points to burn them tearing my hair out above there. I have played fuck all for years until recently and wouldn’t be half tuned up for that

A buddy of mine plays off 10 was up there last year. He had 5 points. 5 fucking points. It was v windy alright. The lads reckon there was actual tears rolling down his face walking up the 18th :joy::joy:

2 Likes

One of those days where you’re asking if you had a shot for a double bogey for a point :joy:

1 Like

Ya it’s a course when you play once you would play completely different the next time. Some beautiful holes, loved the very elevated par 3,think it was the 7th

Yeah, the wind was swirling and took it 20 feet past the cup on me, it was all downhill and I thought I’d have trouble stopping it but with how slow the greens were it stopped six feet short and I missed the par. Putter killed me. The back 9 is something else. That par 4 index 18 down the steep hill, blazed a driver at it and went right into shite when a 9 iron was enough to run down in hindsight